Sr'Alan interview C+ ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Crankarm said:
What do you care Noodles? You posted a very derogatory comment about the man and you're a mod!

I care that he's a knob. :bravo:

He doesn't have to be a knob, but he is.

And just cos I am a Mod on a cycling forum does not forbid me from making comment...:wahhey:

You trying to silence me?! :bicycle:

Cycling Active....:laugh:

Norm

He came across as a bit of a knob in the article, with comments like "You can't ride at the front until you've lost weight and got faster" to a friend of his.

So, he's a knob with some very nice bikes... do we think that he already posts on here? :biggrin:

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Crankarm said:
Another objective well informed opinion from McB :smile: :becool:.

If you have never watched his TV show, the Apprentice ........... how can you possibly know that it is bilge :smile:?

Oh Cranky, Cranky, Cranky, is it just the sheer amount of bile and vitriol that you contain that pushes the laste vestiges of intelligence out? You, the king of the 'haters' defending reality TV:biggrin:

MacB

darkstar said:
Oh dear, well I can't be bothered to debate with a 'twat' like you... oh wait, i don't know you and can only base my opinion on some forum posts;)

Disclaimer; Don't actually think that, just using it as an example.

Fair enough example, I've been called worse, and no less valid than my opinion on AS

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
MacB said:
Oh Cranky, Cranky, Cranky, is it just the sheer amount of bile and vitriol that you contain that pushes the laste vestiges of intelligence out? You, the king of the 'haters' defending reality TV:biggrin:

Do not feed the ;) :troll: :troll: :troll:.

:rolleyes:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I read that article too.
I must say, anyone who manages to ride into a trench at the side of the road probably ought to wear a helmet.
And is on shaky ground calling anyone else an idiot.

Norm

Rhythm Thief said:
This is your standard response to anyone who disagrees with you, on any issue. It's getting boring and you've almost worn that smiley out.
Must admit, RT, that I thought the same of that particular post from MacB. Had the response been from anyone other than Cranky, I think you'd have agreed with him.

In summary (the way I read it) MacB completely ignored Crankarm's question asking how he knows The Apprentice is crap if he's never seen it. Instead, MacB attacks the poster, insulting his intelligence, claiming him to be full of bile and vitriol and saying that he is "defending reality TV". I didn't see Crankarm defending reality TV, he was just asking how and why MacB has formed his opinion.

I thought the role of the moderators was to monitor and discourage the "attacking the poster not the post" behaviour, not condone it and support the person who posted it when it is highlighted.

Norm said:
Must admit, RT, that I thought the same of that particular post from MacB. Had the response been from anyone other than Cranky, I think you'd have agreed with him.

Possibly. I have no interest or opinion on Alan Sugar and have never seen The Apprentice, so I hadn't actually read the thread in any detail. I just get fed up with Cranky playing the "troll" card whenever anyone disagrees with him. He rarely makes any attempt to enter into rational debate once someone has said "actually, Cranky, I think you might be wrong ...". However justified he may be this time.

MacB

Norm said:

In summary (the way I read it) MacB completely ignored Crankarm's question asking how he knows The Apprentice is crap if he's never seen it. Instead, MacB attacks the poster, insulting his intelligence, claiming him to be full of bile and vitriol and saying that he is "defending reality TV". I didn't see Crankarm defending reality TV, he was just asking how and why MacB has formed his opinion.

I thought the role of the moderators was to monitor and discourage the "attacking the poster not the post" behaviour, not condone it and support the person who posted it when it is highlighted.

But Norm we can't seperate forum history and experience so easily. You're correct that my evidence for trashing reality TV is all circumstantial and second hand. It also depends what you class as reality television because I like documentaries, the news, review programmes, etc. I don't watch soap operas or, what I class as, junk reality shows, that covers Big Brother on down. This is only my subjective view but I just don't enjoy that sort of stuff. I can see value in things like Road Wars but find the ludicrously dramatic persentation style off putting.

Please feel free to explain to me why AS's The Apprentice isn't dross television.

Norm

MacB said:
Please feel free to explain to me why AS's The Apprentice isn't dross television.
Oh, I wouldn't do any such thing. But if I did, I would at least be able to do so having watch it. :wacko:

Anyway, that wasn't the point I was making. But you knew that already, didn't you. :smile:

Top Bottom