SRAM and Shimano 11 speed mixing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rliu

Veteran
Hi I know this is another often re-tread topic, but as I got some very well discounted SRAM Force shifters and brake calipers last week from Planet X I am looking at the various component combinations and wanted to just re-confirm:

• SRAM shifters on a Shimano Chainset should be fine? I have a BB92 BB already with a second hand frame I recently bought (actually the same frame as a bike that was stolen last year)
  • I should get SRAM front mech and rear mech
  • I want to get SRAM cassette but a Shimano cassette is potentially also fine?
  • I have a KMC 11 speed chain lying around which should be OK with either SRAM or Shimano cassette?

Thanks

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The answer is they mix fine. Even 12 speed, but Shimano Deore works better than SX and NX

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Chains, cassettes & chainrings are interchangeable so you can use any manufacturer (except Campagnolo), but you must match shifters and derailleurs by brand and speed.
Just beware that SRAM Force/Rival/Apex 11 speed shifters are 'exact actuation' and cannot be used with 11 speed NX/GX derailleurs which are 'X Actuation' with a slightly different pull ratio, but they can be used with the Rival/Apex 1x 11 speed derailleurs as well as the road equivalents.

Top Bottom