Sram Red Nightmare!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

isola_2000

Dear All
Could I ask advice?
I have a newish sram red groupset on an 07 Specialized S works carbon frame (English Thread).
I have a shocking creaking in the BB area that is "rythmycal to my pedal action"!!!

Done the usual stuff, grease etc. ANY SUGGESTIONS? Before I sling it in the bin!!

Cheers
Steve:sad:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Are you sure it's the BB ? Have you tried a wee bit of lubrication on your cleats/pedals ? I have a similar sort of noise (SRAM RIVAL) and it's cleat-related ..... I think :smile:

Oh and :smile: to CC :tongue:

RedBike

Although it might soung like it's your bottom bracket it could be anything. Bars, cleats, shoes, pedals.

If you're completely sure it is the bottom bracket and your sure it's installed right and torqued up right then ask for a warrenty replacement. It's not acceptable for a £100 to squeek.

hubcycles

Creaks can come from anywhere and can sound like its the BB, very hard to pinpoint them. I would grease the pedals and lubricate the cleats as suggested above. One place you could try if this still doesn't work is the grease the quick release skewers.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I'd probably check in the following order:-
Cleat/pedal interface
Crank/BB interface
BB moving in frame
seatpost
saddle rails
rear QR
chainring bolts

pedals tend to make more of a clicking noise, as do the BB bearings themselves.

It may help to get someone else to ride alongside and see if they can identify where the noise is coming from

Top Bottom