Stabilizers for adults?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As my friends trike has now been nicked, I'm looking for a way to get her riding again without having to fork out a shedload for a new trike. She has dispraxia so finds riding a bike abit difficult.

Would it be possible to use stabilizers instead and if so, where's the best place to get them?

Thanks

As my friends trike has now been nicked, I'm looking for a way to get her riding again without having to fork out a shedload for a new trike. She has dispraxia so finds riding a bike abit difficult.

Would it be possible to use stabilizers instead and if so, where's the best place to get them?

Thanks

Stabilisers for adults are not efficient or worthwhile as the weights and strains are totally different than with a child.

Are there any local charities or grants (mobility allowance?) that could help with the cost, and you can reclaim VAT if the trike is bought due to disability.

MJN

Whilst stabilisers, and similar balancing training aids, are available for adult bikes they're not as readily available off-the-shelf from bike shops. They'd usually be a special-order item or available via disability-related channels.

Here's an example source for the latter:

http://www.disabledc...tabilisers.html

Adjustabilisers.JPG

Mathew

Top Bottom