Stadt Moers CX today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
2 degrees. Intermittent heavy hail. 30mph gusts. lots and lots of muddy climbs.

I was crap, but it was excellent! really! I had no (read no) braking capacity for the last three laps (long story) so had to stagger downhill as well as up. I was glad when it was over but on reflection it was a lot of fun. Runny mud for a change as well so I didn't get all clogged up.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I don't know much about 'cross but I now know that runny mud is better than the thicker variety.

Hail! ouch.

yenrod

Dan - sorry didn't introduce myslf at end or beginning.

What happened to me was I went round some of the course and thought they'd all gone round (i'd entered the park at the other side) as I seen the tracks & was thinking you may have got the time wrong BUT according to the bloke I was with from the Liverpool Mercury Cycling Club - told me that the Adults had yet to start.

So I was in a prime position at the top of the worst incline.

Dan - hats off to you mate: that was one mother of a day of a race, everybody who done that deserved a big pat on the back - you all tried really hard big time !!!!!

:bravo:

Though about half-way through some bloke had an off just after where I'd situated myself so the marshal (no.1) stayed where he was and I went round to - where he'd came off on an off-camber corner/up section (going from road to track)

So the mashal (no.2) and myself sorted him out - I had a small 1st Aid kit on me which I always carry round with us in my backpack and the bloke cleaned his elbow wound and bandaged him pretty ok sorted him for warmth and the likes. Then I went back up to the marshall (no.1) told him and learnt later from no.2 - marshal: no.1 marshal had helped him back to the start/finish.

It was, like Dan says - REALLY irritatingly bad weather for the race but seemed to go over after it'd finished, I noticed.

Its easier riding a race I feel as marshalling-spectating you simply get freezing-cold/wet so you may as well brave the elements and rough it.

...anyhow - here's a small video with awfull commentary by myself :rolleyes: and the bloke I was with.

Sorry for the swearing at the start !

Dan is on it !!!

N.B. Watch it small rather than full size its only a 2MP camera at best !

http://rapidshare.com/files/166692278/MOV0028A.mp4.html

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

So was that you stood with old jim stanistreet yenbo? I thought so- should have let on proper!

I've only just been able to feel me fingers!

trio25

Über Member
Didn't work for me either!

I'm missing cross racing, will you be at Bolton next weekend dan_bo I'll be there!

yenrod

dan_bo said:
So was that you stood with old jim stanistreet yenbo? I thought so- should have let on proper!

I've only just been able to feel me fingers!

When your in the middle of racing, then...

yenrod

dan_bo said:
It certainly wouldn't have made any difference to my placing ;)

It is quite comical that though:-

[in the middle of a race]

YEN: 'Hi, my names yenrod/L** from the forum - you know'..

DAN: 'breath,breath,...oh (heavy breathing) - yeah, oh, (heavy breathing) - hi...'

:evil:

Looked a grim old day. Finally got that vid to work. I was most impressed by the efforts of all involved. A few on mtn bikes as well.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

trio25 said:
Didn't work for me either!

I'm missing cross racing, will you be at Bolton next weekend dan_bo I'll be there!

One thing I didn't mention was the comedy wheel bend I inflicted upon myself 5 mins before the start of the race- I went to hop up the kerb outside sign-in and forgot what I was doing. Next thing I know W was looking up at the sky having put my knee through the front wheel- honestly it was bent in two with the rim split in two places!. bugger. I borrowed a front wheel off the ubiquitous and generous Stanistreets and went and raced. So, in answer to your question Trio, I'll be there if I get another wheel sorted in time:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:.

Top Bottom