Stage 13 ***SPOILER***

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
'Twas interesting what Cav said in an innerview, that the other teams didn't seem to be too interested in reeling in Vino, which could have been done, had there been the will.

Can anyone explain why Vinokurov, having been banned for 2 years for blood doping, was allowed back in ? I know he said "sorry, please let me back" but it still doesn't seem right.

The same applies to others (David Millar for one) but surely the way to discourage doping is to give a lifetime ban ? If you are caught doping - find another job.

Sorry, going a bit off topic but I'm not a great fan of Vino - now who'd have guessed that :whistle:.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
If they want to make the Green jersey more of an all-race competition, surely they could

- increase the points for the intermediate sprints, to make them worthwhile/essential winning

- reduce the points for the finishes

- combination of both.

It seems as if they need to make the Green jersey something which can only be won by contesting all of the sprint activities, both intermediates as well as finishes.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If they want to make the Green jersey more of an all-race competition, surely they could

- increase the points for the intermediate sprints, to make them worthwhile/essential winning

- reduce the points for the finishes

- combination of both.

It seems as if they need to make the Green jersey something which can only be won by contesting all of the sprint activities, both intermediates as well as finishes.

It's still the case that an irrelevant breakaway will mop up the intermediate points. They can.t cover every break. It doesn't matter really I suppose but I think stage wins are better than an odd jersey!. To be honest, the KOM is similarly spurious to create a race in a race. It's generally won by a nonentity who is no way the best climber but again it creates excitement on dull days!

Midnight

I wonder if the complete HTC squad had been there would they have let Vino break clear or would they have controlled it for a Cav win :wacko:

+1

Despite being two men down, Columbia still put in a valiant effort. IMO it's a shame they weren't rewarded with the stage win. Cav put in a good effort, but if He's serious about the green jersey He's gonna have to go for intermediate sprint points. But it's not gonna happen this year...

Keith Oates

Janner
I think that getting the wins is more impressive than getting the Green Jersey, perhaps there should be another jersey for the most stage wins in total regardless if it's in the sprints or on the mountains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom