Stage 14 - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I would say it's a fair bet that today will not end in a sprint finish by the regular sprinters, however it could be that some of the others may tussle for the line. It's possible a break could stay away providing it's made up of riders with no chance in the GC rankings. I'd like to see Millar get a result but that is more a heart feeling than a head one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It is possibly a stage for the all-round rider - the strong men like Voigt or the breakaway artiste / one-dayer like Flecha.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
That is possible - especially if Cavendish will drop out soon, he can start to think a bit more about his own chances. It is certainly his kind of stage.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Oh well, looks increasingly like another sprint then, or at least a very late break (over the final climb) that will get. If Cav gets this one, I suspect he will call it a day rather than drag himelf over the Alps*, however I am not sure he'll get another stage today - so Thor today over a much longer sprint...

*But I bet you anything he wants to win on the Champs Elysees...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
But can Guttierez stay away? Brave move... nah, 30 seconds now, not enough.. apparenty Columbia are planning their finish and it might be Ciolek today rather than Cav. But we don't know yet...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Really exciting attack by Sylvain Chavanel downhill and onto the flat... but the peleton storming back...

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
A good win for Friere and it also means he is one step closer to staying in green for Paris. Zabel also in 3rd is showing he is a major player still. With what i though was quite a vicious climb at the 2/3 mark it shows just how strong some of the 'sprinters' are even in the hills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom