Stage 16 - Spoiler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Today it's very long and very lumpy and could well be the stage that decides who wears yellow in Paris. Will it be between the two leaders or is this the day that Evans shows his metal. I think that Disco will put the pressure on and make the gap smaller!!!!!!!!

Tetedelacourse

Disco have simply GOT to attack. It's there for the taking if you ask me. I mentioned this on another thread but it stumps me as to why Discovery aren't working as a team to get Contador into yellow in Paris. I haven't seen it yet and I don't know why because Leipheimer was clearly out of the running after the Alps and Popovych can't keep up with Contador.

I think Evans is finished for this year. He may get a podium but not the yellow. Even if he shows his metal/ mettle!

Again I think the TT tomorrow will not be as decisive as either everyone thinks, or today's stage, so I agree with you there Keith.

Victory today will go to............ Contador!

ps Sastre's been disappointing this year eh?

MichaelM

Guru
Soler.

After a few digs by Contador, Soler to take off. Rasmussen lets him go. Soler takes the stage, Contador in second (15 to 30 sec down), Rasmussen in third at same time.

Let's see!

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
If Contador wants to take time out of Rasmussen, he needs to attack on the last climb. At the bottom of it, not 2 km from the top, but from the bottom of the climb. Disco could do it as a team, but they really need to put the pressure on rasmussen.

I really hope they do

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
:biggrin:

When are they due to arrive at the bottom of the last climb?
'sets watch'

Tetedelacourse

Around 3pm onwards by my calculations. It starts with the final sprint at Laruns, about 18km from the finish. Clearing afternoon schedule!!!

chris42

I think Disco may try to do the old postal ride a very high tempo on the front with george & popo then when they have shed the riders Contador must attack!
Could be very exciting! I hope :biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Eurosport says Boonen and Moreau are "outdistanced". Does this mean that if the gap is maintained they will be eliminated?

Does anyone think Sastre can keep the pace up? A great opportunity and he has the riders with him to put in a great climb.

Top Bottom