1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stage 19 - spoiler

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Keith Oates, 28 Jul 2007.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

This is the big decider day and it's not so much about who wins the TT as what will happen to the three top GC contenders. I think that by days end we could see an Australian in Yellow!!!!

2. chris42

chris42 New Member

No Armstrong has just arrived and will be behind Contador in the team car!
    He will scare/inspire him to cling on by 55 seconds.
    Millar in the top 3

3. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Millar in the top three would really make my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. chris42

chris42 New Member

Oh bugger!
    exploding disc wheels stopped that!

5. TimO

TimO Veteran

Yeah, Millar seems to have had a bad day. :thumbsup:

I can't see Evans going that much faster than Contador, but I guess if he manages to claw enough time back, it could make tomorrow interesting!

6. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Millar with the wheel problem is not so good, not been the best of TdF's for him but he's really put in some hard rides on other days and can leave the tour with his head held high!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Good ride by "Big" George, but just pipped by Gutierrez. What's your thoughts then re Evans/Contador?

8. i think Bert will do it.

funny watching Txzxzxzxzxzxzxxxxxyyyyyyyrucha trying to match Guiterrez. he's about half his size!

L

9. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Evans seems to be taking time out of the other GC riders at the moment, this could well be very tight at the finish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. i'm more concerned if Euskadi can keep two riders in the top ten! hooray for the lack of TTT.

L

11. Absolutely. I don't think the helmet he was wearing helped, looked massive against his tiny frame.:thumbsup:

12. maybe he needs a kid's size! good to see he's got the overall combativity though.

L

13. At 2nd checkpoint, Evans within a minute (56") of Contador, and Levi closing in on Evans, what a finish this is going to be:biggrin:

14. this is good.

L

15. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Leipheimer is now piling on the power, this is going to be tight between the top three!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!