1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stain removal

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 6 Mar 2008.

1. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

My daughter has drawn all over a very expensive white leather foot stool (yes, I know, but she wasn't even born when I bought it!) with black biro! :biggrin::ohmy::ohmy::angry:

I thought a baby wipe would take it straight off but it has failed to touch it in any significant way. Anyone got any decent tips? I'm willing to pay for the winner to get drunk tonight *.

*Virtually drunk that is as I will only be supplying virtual beer.

2. buddha

buddha Veteran

nail varnish remover?

3. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

4. longers

longers Veteran

Try an eraser? Or blue tack? Try it somewhere unobtrusive (underneath first) to see if that itself marks the leather.

5. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Meths from your Trangia.

6. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

I think nail varnish remover might be likely to eat away the finish of the leather, I would not be happy to recommend solvents.
    Alcahol might be the way forwards in more ways than one!

Tx

7. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

There used to be a leather polisher/stain remover that used to be sold on Yess661(yes i used to spend hours just watching that channel without buying anything)
    The guy used to put pen on leather and it came off.
    Cant remember the name of the stuff, will probably come to me and just pop into my head when i'm trying to get to sleep, then be forgotten by the morning.

8. Charlotte_C+ :-)

Charlotte_C+ :-) New Member

9. MEK - methylethyl ketone ? was good for removing most things like that. I do not know if it is still available - screenprinters/ lihto used it. Stain Devils? Or hump the stool to the nearest dry cleaners and ask...

Not a Barcelona chair + ottoman in white leather was it? :biggrin:

10. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Polish it off

11. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

12. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

:biggrin: a tad drastic! :biggrin:

13. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

I think you have your answer to the "should I leave her alone to play" thread!!

spit and elba grease.

14. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

15. Gerry Attrick

Gerry Attrick Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant

Lakeland sell, or used to sell a leather cleaning kit which includes a bottle of something specifically designed to remove biro from leather.