Stars... gold/silver/bronze it is!

Which set of 'monthly challenge' stars do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
The Imperial century folk have been using gold stars for some time to mark their yearly achievements. :cheers:

Us lesser mortals in the half century challenge wanted a mark of recognition too, and some of us have been using a 'half-star' (as in my sig line).

But the metric century folk deserve something too.

So I have found/made some stars, trying to get the gold one similar to the one already in use.

Option 1: gold, silver, bronze
for imperial century, metric century, half-century (which includes both metric and imperial)
gold star small.jpg
silver star small.jpg
bronze star small.jpg

Option 2: gold, silver, half-silver
gold star small.jpg
silver star small.jpg
silver star half small.jpg

My own preference is (marginally) for the half-silver one, as it reflects the half-century part of the challenge.

I'm making it a sticky and will leave it for a couple of weeks. Then folks can just copy whichever star they need from the above to add to their sig lines.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
At the moment the images are a little larger than the current stars in use - but I can easily make them smaller.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
As an outsider to this - I am still confused. Are these stars just for the metric challenges and if so how are they distinguishable from the imperial ones? Surely 4 different colours are needed 100m, 100km, 50m and 50km?

OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
As an outsider to this - I am still confused. Are these stars just for the metric challenges and if so how are they distinguishable from the imperial ones? Surely 4 different colours are needed 100m, 100km, 50m and 50km?
The half-century challenge allows 50 km or 50 miles to count per month, but with 1 point for 50 km, 2 points for 50 miles etc - take a look here:
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/t...0-mile-a-month-challenge.193107/#post-4085218

I've edited my original post to try to make this clearer

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I've voted but I don't really mind as my silver star for last year is the same either way.
I voted gold silver bronze but really, I like the half star too.
In fact, having looked at some half stars in the thread, and considered the "half century" aspect, I've changed my vote. I'm that fickle.

StuartG

slower but further
Frankly, if I ever complete it I'll be a star. Why worry about pixelating it? Abstaining.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Frankly, if I ever complete it I'll be a star. Why worry about pixelating it? Abstaining.
I kind of felt that way ... until a shiny star was offered to me. And all of my high minded amateur principles suddenly went out of the window.

Anyway. I've just made my own small silver star by taking one of the Imperial riders' gold star and monochroming it. Is that OK?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spinney

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
This isn't supposed to be something imposed! But some folks wanted stars, and the Imperial Century folks didn't want anyone else using gold stars unless they'd earned it (quite rightly so IMO). So this thread is just a way of trying to decide on a consistent set of stars to use - after all, there's not that much point in awarding yourself stars if no-one knows what they mean!
And @Dogtrousers - your silver star looks fine to me!

StuartG

slower but further
I kind of felt that way ... until a shiny star was offered to me. And all of my high minded amateur principles suddenly went out of the window.
Yes, I guess its easier to say you don't need 'em if you haven't got any. Roll forward a year in the vain hope I get the choice ...

Top Bottom