Starscope Minocular telescope

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is the attraction for you? Is it the compact “fit it in your pocket” or the “use it with your phone camera”. If not, a pair of binoculars may do a better job

EDIT the whole “limited stock, oh you’ve qualified due a special offer” makes it seem too good to be true to me

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
What is the attraction for you? Is it the compact “fit it in your pocket” or the “use it with your phone camera”. If not, a pair of binoculars may do a better job
The size mainly. I want a 'pocket size' one,rather than one of those you'd expect to see used in Treasure Island.:smile: I have a decent pair of binoculars that were my dad's,but they're too big to just have on your person. I also have a pair of small binoculars that are pocket sized,but not very powerful. I'm after a telescope by the way because i'm blind in my right eye,so me buying another pair of binoculars would be similar to a one legged man buying a pair of shoes.:smile:

I do have a small telescope,but it's more of a novelty thing than a real telescope. It's not very powerful. I took it with me when i went to the local park/woods this afternoon. On trying to magnify things and not being very successful i then thought about buying a decent telescope. Then low and behold i saw the Starscope Minocular on one of those annoying You Tube adverts,which i normally try to skip asap.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Then low and behold i saw the Starscope Minocular on one of those annoying You Tube adverts,which i normally try to skip asap.
The ad steals the video footage of someone who actually used a Nikon camera!

Actual photographer said:
UPDATE: ***STARSCOPE MONOCULAR IS A SCAM*** Be aware that there are ads for a zoom monocular using my Nikon P1000 footage as their own, the starscope product is cheap rubbish, the voices in the ad are computer generated and the reviews are fake. DO NOT BUY STARSCOPE MONOCULAR or similar products using my footage, IT IS A SCAM!!! This footage is shot using a $1000 Nikon P1000 camera, not a cheap monocular. Please spread the word.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I had a pair of 20x80 binoculars when i was out of my late night tree climbing, peeping tom escapades and like you they're just too heavy, i nearly fell out of the tree once when i found a crack in a bedroom window over the way... These little monoculars are fair easier to conceal and climb those pesky trees for a good look. Id give it a go...

Top Bottom