Started commuting since September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
arthurfarr

arthurfarr

This is only my second year of commuter cycling and I'm going to see how long I can go with bare arms, legs and fingers. So far so good - who wants to place bets on how long I last/how many fingers I lose?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk-UC9fQcrzFmqV74BgNBmXEOaUlRsJkBOCv1s7N2N3SAzV8_V.jpg

Slick

Guru
I'm on the long stuff already. I suppose it depends on where you live and even what time you leave the house. I leave at 6am or just before, and I've had wind and heavy rain, but it was frosty yesterday and today. certainly too cold for shorts anyway.

jay clock

Massive member
i went out mid morning for two hours (Hants) and was glad of the leg warmers. Wont be long till I get the bib longs out and certainly would if commuting

sarahale

Über Member
I've been commuting by bike for a while now, this will be my 5th winter I think.

Not had much problem with ice but I commute by mtb, just changed to semi slicks this year so hopefully still be alright.

Wind can be pretty dangerous at times but I've never not cycled because of it just taken extra care, think the weight of the mtb helps.

Rain, well on two occasions I have rung for a lift home because the rain was absolutely phenomenal and roads would of been dark and flooded but that was in April this year. Other than that I've just cycled through it and turned up to work/home drowned.

One time cycling home roads we're completely flooded, I was absolutely freezing, dark and miserable and I did wonder how safe it was to be out. Then a particular nice driver tailed me with his hazards on down a very flooded road section allowing me to safely cycle near the white line. Cheered me right up.

I've also pushed my bike through snow and carried it through knee high flood waters. Everyone at work thinks I'm pretty tough to cycle commute through winter which is a bonus as I'm really not! :training:

Top Bottom