Started my training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

Well....feeling inspired after posting my goal on here - of doing my first tent tour - thought I should think about getting a few miles under my belt at least.....considering currently my mileage is only 6 miles a day with the occasional 8-10 mile jaunt on days off.

Hubbie and I couldn't agree on whether to go to local forest for MTB/trail ride or whether to go out on the converted commuters which we would use for the tour. He won (MTBs) so the jaunt was 4.5 miles on road to local forest (had forgotten how tough MTB with knobbly tyres is!) and then a quick jaunt through the forest, out onto some trails, rejoining the road and heading home. Nice loop actually. Only 13 miles in total but on MTBs and through forest on muddy/sandy tracks.....felt like quite a workout.

So going to try and do 15 miles next and have decided that we are going to do our jaunt in June. It's a start!

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
It's a start indeed! And the key to continuing with a training regime is to continue to do the things you enjoy! It's so much easier to be enthusiastic about something that's fun.