starting a noob-ish charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeylc

Über Member
Names Marc from Leicester.

basically got a good bike and looking for things that people are throwing away to get me looking like a "proper cyclist"

got some nice clipless pedals from top cc member 'Michaelt' at a nice price (top bloke)

mate guygreenwood (also cc member) also donated a brilliant cycle top,so I'm not being nearly knocked off every trip too work. (proper gent :hello: )

just being cheeky and seeing if people have anything that wants binning to get me started?
birthday and Xmas coming up so I'll be ok then.

Tell me to stop scrounging if you want :rolleyes: or worse...........

I can always pass the stuff on to other cc members in the same position.

postage cost covered by me of course.

yours not taking the *iss

Marc .:thumbsup:

Gez73

Veteran
I'm sure I've got stuff you could use. What size are you for clothing and shoes etc?

Gez73

Veteran
Can't help with shoes then as the only spares are a size 8 spd from Aldi. They are a big 8 and I've worn fairly thick socks with them when I wore them. I have an Aldi hi-vis jacket in a large but it's a small large so fitted me when I wore it. The jackets were a small fit but the shoes seemed large. I'm about a medium so will have a look at home later and let you know what's for grabs. The shoes might be hit and miss and the postage price might make them not worth the effort. Hang fire will have a look and get back to you on here. Gez

OP
OP
monkeylc

monkeylc

Über Member
cheers Gez :thumbsup:
shoes might be good mate as alot of the 9's i have in trainers keep feeling big.
not sure how much postage would be though? shouldn't be to bad if put in a plastic bag and sent?

Gez73

Veteran
Yeah let me throw some bits in a bag/shoe box and let you know how much postage might be. You can try the shoes and see how you get on with them. Like I said, a larger than expected fit. Give me a day or two to get it together and weighed and I'll get back to you. Gez

Gez73

Veteran
Should have mentioned he shoes currently have spd cleats on them. They won't take a three bolt cleat. I'll include the sole plates that I had to remove to put the cleats on so you can use them whenever. Gez

OP
OP
monkeylc

monkeylc

Über Member
that's cool mate the pedals i have are a two bolt cleat :smile:

Gez73

Veteran
No you're fine, just been busy. Got the shoes and jacket together. Need to pack up and get a postal price for you to agree. Sit tight. I reckon about six quid from your avatar but I'll check for definite so there's no surprises for you. The shoes are understandably on the heavy side. Give me a day or two to let you know. Gez

Top Bottom