Starting over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
Hiya peeps IV not cycled for ages but I'm Gona get into it again ,long story but need to buy again ,any recommendations I'm only looking at 500 or less just now ,when I'm fit again IL get a decent road bike.
I'm thinking flat bar hybrid ,prefer discs it not fussed on forks sis as at this level ther prob rubbish ,Halfords? Carrera/ Boardman ? Comments

Tommohawk

I have a Giant Escape hybrid. Good bike to get started with. I’ve done over 500 miles since September and it’s been really good fun.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You’re correct about the suspension fork at this level. It’s not a question of which one do I buy now but which one availabl, due to increased demand in the current situation. Just have a look around and see what you find. Boardman do a HYB at dead on your budget:
https://www.halfords.com/bikes/hybr...bike-2021---silver---s-m-l-frames-366198.html
Their Carrera, a popular choice on here is okay but a bit of a donkey.
You might like to consider used which may get you a better spec’d model.
Hello and :welcome: to the forum.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Is that you on your avatar photo, holding a road bike? I would go straight for a road bike. It will all come back quickly.

Tommohawk

I have to admit that although I do like my hybrid I do wish that I had bought a road bike Instead. I find the that 30-40 miles on a hybrid is about my limit as lack of hand positions tends to cause pain in my wrists and arms.

OP
OP
jim55

jim55

Guru
Yeah i had a cube peleton in 2016 but not cycled for years ,I'm Gona go through my employers c2w scheme,I fancy a Boardman hybrid through Halfords ( as it's easy to use them and I have one very close)the hyb 5.6 looks ok but I prefer the look of 5.8( which has a carbon fork and different chainset( single chainwheel and bigger gearing on rear) for a bit more ,,now I'm at 750 and I'm good with that ,any comments guys?

Top Bottom