Statement Template!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Guys,
Judging by the number of complaints about incidents whilst cycling, I was wondering if anybody would be interested in having a template that they could fill in and produce with their complaint to the Police. I could do this in the IPPEC format used by the police for taking statements with an explanation of the parts left blank. I could also put up a Basic statement to help fill in the template.
This could then be copied and pasted onto an MG11 (statement form) or hand written onto the MG11 supplied by your local force.
The reason quite simply is that the more work completed before it gets to the officer the more inclined they MAY be to follow it through!
I'm on holiday in Holland for a week or so but if the idea is popular I shall do it when I get back!
Vike

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I think its a top idea and would be earning of a virtual pint or two.:biggrin::smile:

I suppose the only downside is that it might be perceived as some form of organised campaign by those sinister, non roadtax paying cyclists.

Vikeonabike said:
Guys,
Judging by the number of complaints about incidents whilst cycling, I was wondering if anybody would be interested in having a template that they could fill in and produce with their complaint to the Police. I could do this in the IPPEC format used by the police for taking statements with an explanation of the parts left blank. I could also put up a Basic statement to help fill in the template.
This could then be copied and pasted onto an MG11 (statement form) or hand written onto the MG11 supplied by your local force.
The reason quite simply is that the more work completed before it gets to the officer the more inclined they MAY be to follow it through!
I'm on holiday in Holland for a week or so but if the idea is popular I shall do it when I get back!
Vike

Vike,

That would be an excellent idea!

Is the system the same north of the border?

In my tanker incident, I went in to make a statement and the PC wrote my comments down in her log book only.

What is the procedure after that? It would be interesting to know.

GrasB

Veteran
I think this is a good idea. If nothing else it'll help you actually get the information in your mind slowly before going to the Police.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I think it's a great idea. When i had my pannier-brushing trailer incident i called the non-emergency number, they took a statement but said nothing would happen unless i filled in a self-reporting form or something that i had to get from the station.
As my local station is un-manned i didn't bother.

Would a template apply to that, or just the ones where an officer attends ?
Either way, great idea.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Nice one Vike!

p.s. Just for you, my bike is called Seolferwulf.

thomas

the tank engine
Browser said:
Yes please, forewarned is forearmed and all that.
I presume the nations constabulary haven't managed to get an on-line reporting system in place yet, or would that not be admissable?

Norwich has an online reporting system... I think all the reports just go straight to the "recycling bin" lol...I never heard back from my report.

It was very simple to use though, so as a form it was great....just shame they're bloody useless at doing anything with it. Who ever designed and created it did a great job, if only you heard a response (or peep) from it..

Excellent idea - I do not often have to report things to the Police but after an incident a few years ago where a couple of guys tried to steal my bike while I was sitting on it I went to the police station give my statement - the guy took it down - I read it - not only was the English almost unreadable but it seemed like a different incident -

I now if I report anything and there is a gap betwen the incident and going to the Police station take a typed statement of facts with me- does not always work though as on at least one occasion it was paraphrased onto the official form so that again I ended up looking at a different incident - please do it again does not make you popular

Tinuts

Wham Bam Helmet Cam
Vikeonabike said:

Great idea. Don't suppose it's possible/permissable to put up an MG11 which one could fill in, print out and take in to the PS? That would be a real time saver.

Top Bottom