Steam Generator ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christopher

Über Member
snapper_37 said:
I'll do your ironing anytime Fru ..... :biggrin:

for £15 per hour .... ;) :thumbsup:

Can't help with the cufflinks though:sad:
ooh what an offer! :laugh: to you too!
Am annoyed about the cufflinks, even cheap ones are £12 a pair. Might have to go to the charitee shop, see what tat is in,

tyred

Legendary Member
I was mislead.

As a lover of old machinery, I thought this was a discussion about steam engine powered electrical generators...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Night Train said:
Not really into stationary engines unless they are really, really big but they do have a much nicer sound then a petrol generator.

Maybe this will tempt Arch into steam ironing! ;)

I'd never get it up the stairs to the flat...

It's not so much the stationary engines, as the archetypal set-up-and-owners, that used to make us laugh. Although I think if Tom had ever had a chance, I'd have come home to find a stationary engine in bits on the floor.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Arch said:
I'd never get it up the stairs to the flat...

It's not so much the stationary engines, as the archetypal set-up-and-owners, that used to make us laugh. Although I think if Tom had ever had a chance, I'd have come home to find a stationary engine in bits on the floor.
If you did then the flat would be flat!:biggrin:

I know what you mean about the stationary engine owners. They do seem to be persistently grumpy looking whereas the traction engine owners are always grinning. Maybe it is a size envy thing.

I would be the sort of person who would have a 4" scale traction engine in bits on the living room carpet.:bravo:

Top Bottom