Steepest hill on your commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Molecule Man

BentMikey said:
The two biggies on my commute are Anerley Hill and Leaves Green. Neither are that impressive really.

Anerley Hill is quite impressive enough for me!
The steepest bit of my most common route is at the other end of Sydenham Hill, 12% I think, for not very far really but quite far enough for me.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
The two biggies on my commute are Anerley Hill and Leaves Green. Neither are that impressive really.
Anerley hill can be a pain when there is traffic. stoping and starting on that isn't the most fun i have had!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
If I took the shortest route this would be on my commute but I take a slightly longer but easier route usually.

You may recognise this street,anyone know its claim to fame ?
bike003.jpg

Tynan

Veteran
Bow Flyover

I had a job in factory on the outskirts of Halifax once, I used to walk up a terrifying hill to get to the bus route back to Bradford

Cab

Banjo said:
If I took the shortest route this would be on my commute but I take a slightly longer but easier route usually.

You may recognise this street,anyone know its claim to fame ?
bike003.jpg

Gavin & Stacey?

The bus stop and pedestrian crossing at the bottom of the steepest part of Anerley Hill negate the benefit of the little dip the majority of times I ride up there.

Downward

Guru
Cab said:
Gavin & Stacey?

I thought that too.

Or maybe Bread

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Cab said:
Gavin & Stacey?

Thats the one ;) I usually take longer routes to Avoid Gavin and Stacey St aka Trinity St. Now and then I ride up it just to prove I can.

. Its about a quarter mile long the gradient is steepest in the middle .
bike001.jpg

Top Bottom