Stem - differing costs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've ordered one now. Are yours 31.8?? I had a couple of spare but they aren't 31.8s
Not sure tbh. I'll check.

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
More reasonable to replace the stem faceplate. Like this with 'bling' bonus.
Different sizes though. I actually have a few spare stems but none of the face plates fit the nut configuration or the handlebar diameter. I even took it to the LBS but he didn't have any suitable ones either

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
The observant among you will see what is wrong with this picture
20200607_123512.jpg

OP
OP
G

GetFatty

Über Member
What material was it made of? Thin and sharp curved - probably steel?
Aluminium i think

pawl

Legendary Member
Thats a table :whistle:

Just contacted MrCummings see if he can recommend a good optician Suggested that ride or drive to some place called Barn yard castle at least that’s what he thought the sign said.If i didn’t crash before I got there no problem with eye sight Could have sworn that was flooring.

silva

Über Member
Aluminium i think
With a magnet you can be sure. Alu and titanium isn't attracted, steel is, stainless 304 very weak, stainless 320 not at all.
I rather doubt it's aluminium, seeing the thickness and sharp bending, aluminium alloy isn't that ductile and quite weak as a thin plate, especially with holes drilled on the corners and mounted there.
I once got an aluminium spacer mounted on the rear axle of a fixed gear, one the dealer recycled from a gear cassette or so, with 3 holes drilled on its circumference. When I left the shop and pushed the pedal, it broke immediately. Just to illustrate. Handlebars do undergo some force, and it's also under leverage.

Top Bottom