Step-through frame 1980s Viscount touring bike - bent forks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Free - pickup from Amersham Buckinghamshire or Guildford, Surrey.
Please note - this bike has been involved in a crash. The forks are bent and need replacing, but inspection of the frame doesn't show any other damage - the frame looks straight to the naked eye, and there are no ripples in the steel. The forks turn cleanly inside the steerer. But I may well have missed something! I'd prefer to give away to someone who wants to restore than strip down for the parts (which, anyway, are either old or cheap).

Has been ridden by a rider of about 5'4" with reasonably long legs - looking at the seatpost could suit someone taller. I'm happy to measure.
IMGP4802.JPG
Components believed original
Chrome Molybdenum frame - needs TLC, derusting (hardly surprising given its age) and repainting. Near horizontal rear dropouts, with chain tugs - may suit a single-speed setup.
Shimano Tourney centre-pull calliper brakes
Showa light alloy front and rear racks
Deore front derailleur and down-tube friction shifters
Mavic front wheel (spins very cleanly and looks true)
Stem, handlebars, brake levers, seatpost

Modern components
Rear wheel - built on Alesa alloy rims
Bottom bracket, Shimano Nexave triple cranks, Shimano Alivio rear derailleur, 7 speed gearing.

It would be good to see this going to a good home rather than a tip!

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I'll take it if still available. I have a couple of sets of forks that should fit.
Pick up from Guildford would be my preference.

Thanks.

OP
OP
srw

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I'll take it if still available. I have a couple of sets of forks that should fit.
Pick up from Guildford would be my preference.

Thanks.
It's yours.

I'm on holiday at the moment, but when I'm home I'll work out when I'm where over the next couple of weeks and how I can get it to Guildford.

Top Bottom