Steve Earle 'In Session'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Steve, presumably minus any Dukes, or Duchesses?, is in session on Radio 2 this evening

He's on the Bob Harris show; 19:00 - 20:00

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rfwjm

Just a couple of tasters for you, from his past, but it's a new album, that he's promoting

Maybe best known in this country, as a cider advert?

I've still got this LP, this is the title track (released 1985?)

Last edited:

delb0y

Legendary Member
Guitar Town is a great album. Love early Steve Earle. Seen him a few times - once solo and once with the bluegrass band - alas, never with the Dukes.

My favourite Steve Earle story is the one in which he sells a song (Mustang Wine) to Elvis when he (Steve) was only 20 years old. Apparently anyone who ever had a song recorded by Elvis became very rich very quickly. It was thus a dream come true, like winning the lottery. Alas, Elvis died before getting chance to record the song... But Steve Earle now says, despite being gutted at the time, it was probably a good thing. Having so much money at such a young age would have probably killed him...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Guitar Town is his best album, Exit 0 and Train A Coming are good too. Once he got into drugs/getting married/getting divorced/getting uber political he lost it. I saw him in about 1986 at the Town and Country, he was great then.

I've seen him twice
Once with the Dukes at Leeds Irish Centre
I'm still sure was for the Exit 0 release, not Copperhead Road, but the t-shirt/hair was more 'Ch R'
I do remember him starting the set, with (Springsteens) 'Racing In The Streets' & taking it straight into 'Sweet Little 66'

I took a few pictures there, here are two that were scanned, & on an external hard-drive
Steve earle. 1.jpg Steve earle. 2.jpg

The next time I saw him, was for the 'Townes' CD tour, at Leeds Grand Theatre (2009/2010?)

Steve, presumably minus any Dukes, or Duchesses?, is in session on Radio 2 this evening

He's on the Bob Harris show; 19:00 - 20:00

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08rfwjm

Just a couple of tasters for you, from his past, but it's a new album, that he's promoting

Maybe best known in this country, as a cider advert?

I've still got this LP, this is the title track (released 1985?)

Thanks for the "heads up" about this. I will hit the Iplayer over the weekend.......

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I went to see him in Manchester (the International 1 i think it was) in the late 80's after he released Copperhead Road, He came on and sang , and sang, and sang , then did a bit of busking on his own before the Dukes came back on and went for it again ........
Its one of the few gigs i have been to where i was actively wishing it would end, to be fair you got your moneys worth as the bloke must have been on for a good 3 hours, and was good but i wasn't a massive fan so most of the night was new stuff to us at the time.

I went to see him in Manchester (the International 1 i think it was) in the late 80's after he released Copperhead Road, He came on and sang , and sang, and sang , then did a bit of busking on his own before the Dukes came back on and went for it again ........
Its one of the few gigs i have been to where i was actively wishing it would end, to be fair you got your moneys worth as the bloke must have been on for a good 3 hours, and was good but i wasn't a massive fan so most of the night was new stuff to us at the time.
From memory, it was a similar time frame to when I saw him, at the Irish Centre

Top Bottom