Stick on reading lenses for sunglasses?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
With advancing years ;) in anything other than very bright light, I'm finding increasingly difficult to read the display on my bar mounted computer (Cateye). I have to wear reading glasses for my winter turbo sessions ;)

So, I'm thinking of these:

http://www.optxeurope.com/datama.asp?section=2

Very popular with divers, so I believe.

Anyone tried them? Thought I'd ask here before I splash out.

BTW approx twice as exensive here compared to the USA. Rip-off Britain again?

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Proto said:
BTW approx twice as exensive here compared to the USA. Rip-off Britain again?

if you want to start on this one, go to politics:rolleyes:

shimano

a mate of mine normally wears specs, on his nights out playing pool or snooker he wears contact lenses. he buys them a dozen or so at a time and reuses them 5 or 6 times then replaces them with a fresh set. Worth a thought?

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just admit you're getting older and get some varifocals. They're brilliant and nobody can tell.

OP
OP
Proto

Proto

Legendary Member
I'm more than getting old, I am old. :tongue:

But I only need glasses for reading or close up stuff. So on the bike I don't need glasses until I want to see the tiny numbers on my bike computer. I can still read the speed display okay but struggly with the rest in anything other than good light.

robbarker

As has been alluded to, do try loosening the calliper mounting bolts, squeeze the brake lever hard while re-tightening them. They should be retorqued to 60 inch pounds.

I missed the fact that the bike was only 3 weeks old - the supplying bike shop will sort this one very quickly.

I've heard of threads not quite keeping to the original theme but I think the above takes the biscuit

k-dog

Yeah, those stick on things work well - I do them for people occasionally - mostly in your position.

You probably don't want varifocals - they're poor on a bike (especially a road bike) as they rely so much on proper positioning.

The advantage of the stick on things is that they are cheap and easy to replace and you can play around with the position - you probably want them low and out the way so they don't interfere with normal vision but so with a tilt of our head you can see your computer.

Normally bifocals are positioned in line with your bottom eyelid when you're standing straight and looking straight ahead - but I would suggest that is too low for on a bike.

Top Bottom