Still excited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I have been a cyclist since 1986.And i still get excited about going out on longer runs and into places never visited before.Tomorrow into the Yorkshire Wolds.A very early start 07-30 we want to be near York by 9-00am ish.Then the journey starts.Destination is Market Weighton but if we get to Pocklington that we be ok also.I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve.It's brilliant.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I LOVE going to places on my bike, it's so much better than just flogging around the same old roads. I rode to Windermere once and although the first 60 miles up the A6 wasn't very interesting the last 10 through the Lakes and into the town was great and the arrival felt fantastic.

That's the same reason why I find MTB trail centres so boring.

Seigi

I enjoy exploring on the bike, we went for a drive in the car last night in the countryside and it wasn't nearly as fun as cycling, luckily I live right on the rural-urban fringe of Carlisle, so a mile up the road and I'm into the countryside with lots of little side roads to go down and explore. I often plot on Google Earth then follow by memory, sometimes I get lost, sometimes I don't. Getting lost is still kinda fun :tongue: ....only downside is that it's pretty hilly =/

Top Bottom