stinging in hamstring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prbikey

I was out on a normal ride, i'm not a pro biker, i found i can overdo it going on on successive days

this was about last august, was out on a ride 10miles or so, hilly, and got a sharp stinging in the insertion point of right leg hamstring. (near to bum)

the insertion part hasnt quite felt ever right since, altho i couldnt ride on it for most of the rest of the winter. i can do short rides now but i can still feel the part of the hamstring that i think i 'damaged'.

does anyone know the official term for the sharp stinging ?

Arsen Gere

Über Member
In your situation I'd have a good look at the area concerned, got a mirror and a light ?

If there is nothing obvious like an ingrown hair, boil or other superficial damage, go and see a physio.

There is so much going on around the joint that it should have a proper diagnosis. Your GP would be my second choice, their approach tends to be rest rather than active recouperation.

It may not be the hamstring, a whole lot of stuff gets attached there and there are nerves running through there too.

I don't mean to worry you but you need to consider an avulsion fracture too, the attachement pulls off a bit of bone and it may need to be surgically treated.

Get a professional to look at it, you might get your bike fixed here but bodies are a different matter.

Top Bottom