Stinky neoprene cuffs on winter boots - help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dub-no-bass

I've got some Shimano MW02 winter boots, which have seen a couple of years service. Unfortunately after many times getting wet and not drying out properly, the neoprene cuffs at the top of the boot absolutely reek, like a dishcloth left near a sink.

I'm happy to chuck them in the washing machine a few times to see if that'll get the smell out, but if it doesn't, has anyone got any good tips for stopping them being so smelly?

I don't mind myself, but I share an office and they are a bit too anti-social at the moment. If the worst comes to the worst, I''ll just bin 'em and buy a new pair, but wanted to try to get rid of the smell first!

buddha

Veteran
You can wash them - but the smell will return.
I spray my shoes, boots with Grangers Odour stuff every couple of months and the stinky shoe fairy hasn't come back!
One bottle has lasted me 2 years to date.

We have a similar problem with our 'normal' laundry; one or two items (normally ones that claim they shouldn't be tumbledried anyway!) don't dry properly and eventually, after repeated washes, go smelly. I've recently managed to de-smell them by chucking them in a 90degree wash (usually do a 40degree) and tumbledrying them after; not sure how the neoprene would like that but if it's that or a new pair might be worth a shot?

Top Bottom