Stock cubes etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I've been using all of these for years.
Though recently I've been cutting them in half to reduce our salt intake.
I make gravy with them to match the relevant meat or use them in sauces and casseroles.

View attachment 461716
Again ^^^ I need to look harder :smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

What do you call a good and bad stock cube? Oxomoron. I'll get my coat :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:^_^

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I admit, the lamb and pork cubes aren't as common across the range of brands, but oxo and knorr do them. I use oxo a lot but I find the knorr ones are less salty (yes you can also get reduced salt versions in both brands). I also like the vegetable Bouillion. My Grandad used to occasionally have a beef oxo cube in hot water as a drink. I think it was quite common in that generation.

fossala

Guru
Agreed! Stock-making is a simple pleasure!
Recently bought a pressure cooker which is perfect, problem is a lack of freezer-space for the output.

Otherwise, Knorr as per Katherine.
Reduce and freeze in ice cube trays. I used to do this at work years ago when I went on holiday and the other "chef" couldn't be bothered to make stock.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I admit, the lamb and pork cubes aren't as common across the range of brands, but oxo and knorr do them. I use oxo a lot but I find the knorr ones are less salty (yes you can also get reduced salt versions in both brands). I also like the vegetable Bouillion. My Grandad used to occasionally have a beef oxo cube in hot water as a drink. I think it was quite common in that generation.
I'll actually use a stock cube in a sauce instead of Salt.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Knorr Beef and chicken cover anything meat; for anything else it's this stuff:

LN_024252_BP_11.jpg

Top Bottom