Stock problems for 2008 Bikes 'n' parts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Anyone else awaiting a bike or parts?
Ordered some Look Keo Carbon Pedals from CRC last Sunday but they were out of stock.....'Normally despatched 3-5 days' it said.
Now they aren't due in until 10th March....not too far....but long enough since I placed my initial order.

I went to Evans MK last night....only 2 x 2008 bikes (Road bikes) in the showroom.....
Lots of online shops seem to have zero stock other other parts I've had an eye on.
Anyone know if there are european supply probs or something?
Just curious rather than impatient. :biggrin:

yenrod

Steve - its always been like this re: imports, for years, yet i find it unusual now ie the pound strength etc..so you'd think manufacturers would be falling over themselves to supply this market 1st...

Some of the probs. come from importers that dont sort things proper and for some reason shops stock themselves and not from an importer.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

You'd think a big shop like Evans would be crammed full of the '08 bikes though...

CRC are normally great.
I ordered my shoes on Sunday and got them Tuesday...super quick as ever!

Looks like I might get the new bike first and have no pedals to use it.:biggrin:

An increase in the popularity of cycling and a corresponding shift to better quality bikes in the Chinese and Indian markets will lead to a major shortage of entry-level non-hub gear components this year. Shi**no have increased their production of rear mechs by 500% and still can't keep up with demand.

That doesn't account for the shortage of high end bikes though, that's to do with the disruption caused to manufacturing production schedules by the unusually high snow fall they had in China recently.

Top Bottom