1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stockholm stylee

Discussion in 'Fixed Gear and Single Speed' started by turbo tim, 5 Sep 2007.

1. turbo tim

turbo tim New Member

2. rustychisel

rustychisel Well-Known Member

No brakes??

Haven't you heard of the Stockholm Syndrome: empathy with anything you crash into...

3. peejay78

peejay78 Well-Known Member

that peugeot is vile.

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

You could have had that third one away. It doesn't appear to be chained to anything.

5. OP
    OP
    turbo tim

turbo tim New Member

The Cinelli wasn't locked to anything either, and in fact I did pick it up and move it for the photo. Owner was a courier, and in perfect English he explained that he'd bought it "from Parker International, £450, a really good price, get one!". Not sure if the other two were courier bikes or commuters.

Rather liked the Cinelli, looked really good, although the welding was a little bit crude. I liked the Peugeot too, especially the bars. What's the technical name for such a design? Moustache?

The lack of brake levers does improve the look of the bikes enormously but no brakes would freak me out. Traffic in Stockholm, although not up to London madness, is pretty heavy, and with pedestrians ambling about everywhere, ouch!!