Stolen bike RETURNED!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Cathryn said:
I am quite annoyed that a perfectly decent Dawes Discovery was flogged on the black market for a TENNER though!

Ten quid, who say cycling is expensive? xx(

Good to hear that you got your bike back safely though...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Most excellent! I once got a stolen bike back after about 5 years, so never give up hope. Or looking.

domd1979

Veteran
Excellent!

My brother had his bike nicked a couple of years ago from outside college. Bike thief then tried to flog it to the LBS.... where my brother worked. Shop owner recognised the bike straight away and did a "ooh, look at those brakes, I need to take a closer look at those", and re-possessed the bike before inviting the dozy bike thief to leave the shop.

Cathryn said:
How amazing is this?

Basically, when I got my Thorn, I lent a friend my Dawes hybrid, George. A few months ago, she phoned me really upset - George had been stolen from her work car park. She works alongside the prison service so it's not in the nicest area. It now turns out that she did a scout of the area including a slightly dodgy looking 'junk' shop across the road. She's very pretty and said how awful it was, it was her only means of transport, the bike was borrowed from a friend who was 'really upset' etc.

I saw her last night and apparently I missed her phone call but a few days later, after the theft, she came into work and there's George leaning on her desk.

It appears that he had been stolen and sold on for A TENNER :biggrin::angry::smile: The new 'owner' knows the bloke in the junk shop who mentioned my friend had been over and it might be worth returning the bike and once she'd handed over his tenner, George was back again!!!

The wierdest story ever! However I'm so excited that George is back!!! I can imagine what happened etc but I don't really care at present.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
It all reminds me of a friend of mine who had his bike nicked, and then a couple of years later saw it leaning up against some railings outside a pub, he phoned up the police and told them he was nicking it back, they said fine and that was the end of it, he had his bike back!

Keith Oates

Janner
If somebody buys a perfectly good Dawes for a tenner and doesn't know it's stolen property he must be very naive or of a dodgy character himself. I'm glad you got your bike back Cathryn but I don't think the guy should have got his tenner back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom