Stolen Bikes and Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rdjpics

I have just taken up cycling again after a number of years mainly for my ride to work. However my 3 week old Cannondale Quick CX 3 2014 Hybrid was stolen from my garage in Greengates in Bradford on Wednesday night.

I am so upset about it is unture, as I was really enjoying cycling agin. I have only had the bike for 3 weeks and I haven't had chance to get it on my contents insurance at that point, but dues the value of the bike it should have been covered on content's insurance rather than as a named item.

Sadly my insurance will not pay out as I am not covered for theft's from garages and I am not in postion at present to replace it so my cycling days are over again before they got started.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do via my insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:

vickster

Legendary Member
Not if in the T&Cs they say you're not covered from the garage regardless of value :sad: My policy covers unnamed bikes up to £1500 and also away from home, but that's not much use to you if your policy says otherwise

Get a cheap £50 hack to get you back on the road :smile: Ask in the Wanted section, someone may have something suitable in their shed :smile:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Sorry no. Your not covered. You would need all risks contents cover, which of course would cost you more. As you don't have that they are not responsible for your loss. And you may well have had to have it as a specified item on your policy depending on its value.

Top Bottom