Stolen - Bristol 16th November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This MOUSTACHE electric bike was stolen in Bristol on 16th November. An angle grinder was used. Moustache bikes are rare and there are very few dealers. Getting a new key and battery charger is going to be a challenge and so will passing it on. Fortunately it was fully insured. All the moustache dealers in the area have been notified.

Its not my bike but I can pass any sighting details on to the owner.

This is one of those bikes that could resurface again.

Stolen Moustache.jpg

Venod

Eh up
Getting a new key and battery charger is going to be a challenge and so will passing it on

I do hope the owner gets his bike back and the scumbags are caught, but I am curious about the battery charger and key situation, if your good enough you can bypass a cars ignition system, so I would assume you can bypass the bikes, won't a different charger suit that battery? or someone with knowledge could adapt one, genuine question as I have no knowledge of electric bikes.

Last edited:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
This MOUSTACHE electric bike was stolen in Bristol on 16th November. An angle grinder was used. Moustache bikes are rare and there are very few dealers. Getting a new key and battery charger is going to be a challenge and so will passing it on. Fortunately it was fully insured. All the moustache dealers in the area have been notified.

Its not my bike but I can pass any sighting details on to the owner.

This is one of those bikes that could resurface again.

View attachment 668246

I'll keep this in mind, in case it shows up on one of my local social media feeds.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I do hope the owner gets his bike back and the scumbags are caught, but I am curious about the battery charger and key situation, if your good enough you can bypass a cars ignition system, so I would assume you can bypass the bikes, won't a different charger suit that battery? or someone with knowledge could adapt one, genuine question as I have no knowledge of electric bikes.

The charger connector is something I have not seen before. There are very few Moustache bikes around. The people who steal them want to pass them on as soon as possible and dont want to be bothered with finding new keys and chargers.

Top Bottom