Stolen Croix De Fer Bike on Gumtree

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't know when this RIPA came into being but thankfully it wasn't there when I was a police officer. It is things like this which made me leave. Knocking on doors and asking questions was what good policing was all about.

The British police took all the bad things from the USA. Pepper spray, tazers etc and just nose dived. I had a truncheon. I used it twice in 8 years to break windows to get people into their houses. No doubt there are rules against that now.
Police never issued truncheons to officers.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Really?
upload_2017-10-24_12-51-1.png

Looks like he put ad ID: 1271625649 on Gumtree three days ago, selling some black wheels pictured on a Ford Focus. Maybe the houses in the background or the car will help narrow down where he is. Unless there's more than one Jakub in Restalrig.
Another popular one is to look up the name of Facebook and compare hi pics to the CCTV.

I just found a Jakub in Edinburgh who's posted a video of how easy cars are to break into. Default Facebook security is a joke.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Looks like he put ad ID: 1271625649 on Gumtree three days ago, selling some black wheels pictured on a Ford Focus. Maybe the houses in the background or the car will help narrow down where he is. Unless there's more than one Jakub in Restalrig.
Another popular one is to look up the name of Facebook and compare hi pics to the CCTV.

I just found a Jakub in Edinburgh who's posted a video of how easy cars are to break into. Default Facebook security is a joke.
Those pictures were taken elsewhere. Not all in the same location either.

Registration doesn't come back to a Ford focus, and it's not black either(offically).

Duffy

Über Member
My god he’s a criminal!

Who’s the cop dealing with it? Is it Leith or Portobello cop shop?

classic33

Leg End Member
Jeez; no wonder nobody gets convicted of anything in England!
Scottish procedure for above (or at least it was a few years ago; and AFAIK procedure hasn't changed much other than the fact that they are trying to do increased workload with reduced manpower):
Enquiry Officer, or in his absence any other Officer who wants to see thieving scumbags locked up, on receiving information that stolen property is located at a specific address, goes and visits a friendly local Justice of the Peace; takes the oath and obtains a search warrant. Police go round and request entry to property. If denied entry, "the key" is used to put the door off its hinges and entry is gained. Premises are searched, including any garages, outbuildings, sheds etc., and hopefully bike is found. Any other items of interest are also taken at the same time. Householder and anyone else suspected of being involved in theft of property are detained for further enquiry and taken down to the local cells for a wee lie down, body search, and interview.
Not this time though!

Where's someone going to hide a bike on their person?

Daddy Pig

Veteran
DIY policing... ski masks and lump hammers and take his knee caps out. That'll stop the crime spree.
Cut off his testicles as well and that'll stop the gene pull...

If the old bill can't smell a rat on that advert, then there's no hope.

Does anyone know what this guy looks like? I'd be visiting him very early in the morning

Top Bottom