Stolen from outside hospital in Margate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I hope he gets his bike back, someone didn't get the meds they craved that day.

I always learn from these stories.....

The bike is a Thorn Audax, and apparently Thorn kept their takeover by BMW very quiet

Perhaps if this story could be passed onto the bike manufacturers (BMW) they may be willing to provide a replacement? A little cynical I know but good PR for the company and Mr Friend benefits

byegad

Legendary Member
I certainly found Thorn a great firm to buy from. Nothing but praise for their after market care either.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Poor guy.... bitten by a dog, hospitalised, his bike nicked... and a call from Robin Thorn. That's some bad karma.

I could hack the bad karma for a day if there was a free Thorn bike in it. My comments to Thorn bikes was it would be a good gesture on their part and good publicity and the poor guy is a great ambassador for Thorn cycles and deserves it.

Drago

Legendary Member
The lock wasn't picked as daughter is speculating. Wised up scrotes also take the damaged lock to deny the dibble forensic opportunities.

What a terrible thing to happen to such a plucky old boy. I hope the bike turns up intact and the thief ends up sharing a bunk with Bubba.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
The lock wasn't picked as daughter is speculating. Wised up scrotes also take the damaged lock to deny the dibble forensic opportunities.

What a terrible thing to happen to such a plucky old boy. I hope the bike turns up intact and the thief ends up sharing a bunk with Bubba.
It's Thanet, the bike has been sold for twenty quid somewhere and the scrote has already forgotten the hit they got off of whatever the money bought them. I'd imagine the lock was probably a heap of crap and as you say, taken and dumped somewhere after being snipped.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

Forensics... for a bike theft? In your dreams! In these parts anyway. BTP take bike theft seriously hereabouts but Sussex plod investigate it with all the seriousness and rigour they usually reserve for enforcing 20mph zones.

Drago

Legendary Member
In my dreams? Now what do I do for a living? Now what it's my biggest current job if it isn't a cross border trade in stolen cycle parts t ha I specifically asked to be allocated because of my interest in the topic? How many times have I had to book SOCO to try and recover evidence from high value items?

For a one off there's little chance. For a series of thefts or an organised referring there's every chance as it becomes SAC, at least here in Westshire, and clever villains take the locks with them for the reason aforementioned. I know this, because enough of them have told me, and in several instances in my current job we've recovered knackered lock along with parts and occasionally entire bikes.

I'm guessing you're not a qualified D?

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
We almost had our door banged down by a community officer thingy the other night because some kids had knocked a bike from a garage across the road. It was about half nine and she had been door to door all day. I was a tad surprised by the interest, I figured perhaps there was more to it than a bike theft... They already caught one of them so maybe they are wanted for other stuff??

Top Bottom