Stolen: Front wheel off Trek 1.2 C

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eurygnomes

Right, so I come back after (clearly) abandoning T at Highbury and Islington station (amidst approximately 50 other bikes, no less) and she's leaning on her front forks. GRRR.

Took photos.
Called police.
Was informed that I ought ask Highbury and Islington station whether they have CCTV (um, SURELY they do, it's London, by Holloway Rd, it's well dodge) and then the police will call me back within 72hrs to give me a crime reference number, and if the station HAS got CCTV, will then request it.

Meanwhile,
I whee(d)led my way onto a bus with T and came home to the internet *choirs of angels*.
I figure I need to know what wheel was stolen. All that the evans listing for my bike says is "Alloy hub"

But surely there's more to it than that? Bearings? Hubs? Pins? Tyres? Fitting?

Any suggestions as to how much it's going to set me back, or am I just gonna have to whee(d)le my way onto the 38 tomorrow to get to my LBS?

'Nomes

e-rider

crappy member
The front wheel on a Trek 1.2 will be a non-branded cheapy (or Bontrager labelled). A cheap replacement will cost about £25-50 depending on the quality you go for. An exact match is probably not going to be possible with a non-brand Trek wheel.

delport

There appears to quite a few trek 1.2 bikes, at least 3 by the looks of it, what bike is it?

google results are

trek 1.2 compact 2010 £549
trek 1.2 T H2 road bike £725
Trek 1.2 Road performance £700

[i missed the letter C at the end of the model name-is it this one you have?If so it is 700x23 wheels after all]
http://www.pedalon.c...trek_1.2_c.html

Do they put cheap wheels on £500 to £700 bikes?

I have spare wheels, but they are for a mountain bike, a couple of quick release ones.Yours may be a road bike by the looks of it.

Any more details of the actual bike you have?And the size wheels you need?

tyres £15 to £25
tube £ 5
axle £10+
wheel £30 upwards

Just a guess but may'be it is a 700 x 23 wheel.

Price for everything [new wheel,axle,tyre,tube and fitting] at a guess £60 upwards.

There appears to quite a few trek 1.2 bikes, at least 3 by the looks of it, what bike is it?

google results are

trek 1.2 compact 2010 £549
trek 1.2 T H2 road bike £725
Trek 1.2 Road performance £700

[i missed the letter C at the end of the model name-is it this one you have?If so it is 700x23 wheels after all]
http://www.pedalon.c...trek_1.2_c.html

Do they put cheap wheels on £500 to £700 bikes?

I have spare wheels, but they are for a mountain bike, a couple of quick release ones.Yours may be a road bike by the looks of it.

Any more details of the actual bike you have?And the size wheels you need?

tyres £15 to £25
tube £ 5
axle £10+
wheel £30 upwards

Just a guess but may'be it is a 700 x 23 wheel.

Price for everything [new wheel,axle,tyre,tube and fitting] at a guess £60 upwards.

Definately! The wheelset is the main area where companies tend to save a few £'s. They do seem to have improved, but even a £2k bike won't have a great wheelset, fair to middling more than likely, but not great. A decent wheelset is usually the best investment you can make on a road bike, depending on the bike of course.

Top Bottom