Stolen Horses!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

If you are going to pinch a horse, let alone three, then the chances are you'd be taking them for yourself. Livestock going onboard ferries get inspected more than you might think. And to try & then get the three across a second boundry(the first being the Irish Sea & the second a border between countries) would heighten the risk to you.

Hey, don't take my word for it, I've only personally been a horse owner for 10 years (now got three, two of which are native, with one coming from travellers) and have had them in the family since the mid 70's.

Read this account if you feel my thoughts are unfounded http://www.enlightenedequitation.com/ee/boards/index.php?topic=37714.0

classic33

Leg End Member
Hey, don't take my word for it, I've only personally been a horse owner for 10 years (now got three, two of which are native, with one coming from travellers) and have had them in the family since the mid 70's.

Read this account if you feel my thoughts are unfounded http://www.enlightenedequitation.com/ee/boards/index.php?topic=37714.0

Nowt new there. Odd that you chose a piece to back up what you said, that doesn't actually back up what you said. That being the route through The Six Counties into the Republic of Ireland.
As I said livestock going onboard ferries gets inspected more than you might think. Which is probably why the horse was left, outside the port of Holyhead(Hollyhead). & not inside.

Arch

Married to Night Train
If you are going to pinch a horse, let alone three, then the chances are you'd be taking them for yourself. Livestock going onboard ferries get inspected more than you might think. And to try & then get the three across a second boundry(the first being the Irish Sea & the second a border between countries) would heighten the risk to you.

The border between NI and Eire isn't exactly watertight. I got lost at night once on country roads, driving a bunch of field school students based in the south back from a trip to the Giant's Causeway, and had no idea for some time which country I was in.

(The mystery was solved when my headlights picked up an army patrol walking in the road ahead. What was weird was that they promptly vanished - they simply stepped sideways onto the verge and their camouflage did the rest).

classic33

Leg End Member
The border between NI and Eire isn't exactly watertight. I got lost at night once on country roads, driving a bunch of field school students based in the south back from a trip to the Giant's Causeway, and had no idea for some time which country I was in.

(The mystery was solved when my headlights picked up an army patrol walking in the road ahead. What was weird was that they promptly vanished - they simply stepped sideways onto the verge and their camouflage did the rest).

Now you see the heightened risk I mentioned. Just because you saw an army patrol doesn't put you on one side of the border or the othe other for certain. Army Rangers(Republic of Ireland) mount similar patrols
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Army_Ranger_Wing

Top Bottom