Stolen Ribble Stealth (Southwick, Portsmouth)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey guys, only just signed up on here to try get word out about my bike. Hopefully it helps.

Was out on a ride today and stopped in Southwick, little village and went in to get a coke. Came back out 5 minutes later and my bike was gone. Have a feeling its still in the local area but just thought id get word out on here.

Not got a good picture myself but heres the one of the website:

SERIBBSTEALTHSRAM_1_zoom.jpg

Heres a picture of mine ive found:

gD6lL.jpg

Mine doesnt have Zipp wheels, just got Rodi Airlines and the handlebar tape is black. It has Campag Veloce groupset and also has a Scicon Aeronaut saddle bag like this:
87.jpeg

Also has decals with my name on in various places, Not holding out much hope of getting it back but worth a go anyway.

sabian92

Über Member
What was it locked up with?

Hope you get it back?

OP
OP
Jon Baines

Jon Baines

Regular
What was it locked up with?

Hope you get it back?
Nope, stupidly thought it'd be okay for a couple of minutes seeing as we were in a quiet village. Bit of an update though a witness came forward and saw who took it so the police know who stole it but they're yet to arrest him, not expecting to get the bike back but atleast they got the git who took it.

Bought a new bike today aswel, Giant TCR Advanced 3 so looking forward to getting back out on the road.

Sorry to hear it mate.

Typical England, just spent 3 weeks in France and bike was left unlocked overnight on campsites, outside bars, restaurants and supermarkets in towns for hours. Two minutes even in the sleepiest village in the UK and the local scrote will be off with your P&J

sabian92

Über Member
Nope, stupidly thought it'd be okay for a couple of minutes seeing as we were in a quiet village. Bit of an update though a witness came forward and saw who took it so the police know who stole it but they're yet to arrest him, not expecting to get the bike back but atleast they got the git who took it.

Bought a new bike today aswel, Giant TCR Advanced 3 so looking forward to getting back out on the road.

It happened to my brother's 100 quid BSO so they'll nick anything. At least somebody saw it and they know who did it so at least that's a start for potentially getting it back. Better than nothing I suppose.

I hope you invested in a decent D lock as well while you were out! ;)

OP
OP
Jon Baines

Jon Baines

Regular
It happened to my brother's 100 quid BSO so they'll nick anything. At least somebody saw it and they know who did it so at least that's a start for potentially getting it back. Better than nothing I suppose.

I hope you invested in a decent D lock as well while you were out! ;)
Got myself a Bordo lock online, just for when im out on rides. Got a data tag coming aswel, not taking any risks with this one!

sabian92

Über Member
Ah, cool. I wouldn't leave it lying around with that on it for too long though, a £1500 bike is very nickable unfortunately. I lock my £300 Carrera Virtuoso up with a big D Lock - that's how little you can trust people unfortunately.

OP
OP
Jon Baines

Jon Baines

Regular
Ah, cool. I wouldn't leave it lying around with that on it for too long though, a £1500 bike is very nickable unfortunately. I lock my £300 Carrera Virtuoso up with a big D Lock - that's how little you can trust people unfortunately.
Yeah the Bordo is just for if we stop out on long rides and its left for a few minutes, dont want to be going on 100 mile rides with a chunky D Lock to carry ^_^

sabian92

Über Member
Resistance training, my friend. :laugh:

OP
OP
Jon Baines

Jon Baines

Regular
What does a data tag do ? how does it offer theft protection ?
It's more for If it is stolen and recovered, just easier to get it returned.

Surprised there's no smaller gps trackers available only one Ive found is my spy track that is hidden in a rear light or in the headset. Would like something that could just go in the seat post or something

86TDFWinner

Regular
Sick bike, sorry it got nicked. When i had my Bianchi MANY years ago, i used to practically sleep w/that thing in fear itd get nicked. Word of advice: build/buy a frankenbike, that way if it gets stolen, no one gives a shoot. What is a frankenbike? A mish mash of different bikes rolled into one, a beater bike basically. If that gets took, who cares & you have your good one still. Good luck, hope to hear a good outcome from this.

mossj88

Yeah cant find a small one unfortunately check out http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/ though, might get one of them and deconstruct it to fit in the seat post

I've had the demo version of their spybike for a while now (going to write a review on my website)... Unfortunately it's not the best bit of kit, struggles to pinpoint bikes in built up areas, turns itself off everynow and then, and occasionally flashes it's blue light at me for no apparent reason...

Out of the 10 or so rides I've tried to use it on it's recorded 2... I've been trying to give it the benefit of the doubt by taking it out on more rides but alas it hasn't improved.

Unless they tell me mines faulty, then it's not something I'd recommend at the moment. Even if it is faulty when it has a GPS reception it's not accurate enough to use in city areas.

Top Bottom