Stolen saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Location
Bristol
Is it a nice saddle that it is being stolen? Seems very unlucky to be the victim twice.
 

Brains

Legendary Member
Location
Greenwich
I'd ensure the seapost does not have a quick release, which means any Chav needs a tool to remove it.

And the easiest solution for keeping them there is to use a long cable tie. It means said Chav needs a second tool to remove that as well
 

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
A friend at work has had her saddle pinched twice in the last few months.
I told her she probably had a stalker who keeps them as trophies!

liquid+commodification+of+bikesex.jpg




:whistle:
Cable lock the saddle as others have suggested i think is the best bet.
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
It was from 2 unrelated locations.

I always run a cable lock through my saddle rails on my commuter when left. Just slows them down. A charge knife on a carbon seat post is about £100 though.
 

the snail

Legendary Member
Location
Chippenham
If it's secured by hex bolts you could glue ball bearings in the hex nuts with hot melt glue, so you can't get a hex key in there
 

Similar threads

Top Bottom