Stolen Specialized Allez Elite (2011) - Oxford

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AdrianB

Hi all,

First time poster on here, unfortunately not for good reasons!

I got into road cycling for the first time 6 months ago when my previous hybrid was stolen (from inside my garage) and decided to upgrade to a Specialized Allez Elite (2011) with help from the insurance money.

Instantly loved it and have ridden over 2000 miles on it since (22 miles commute a day)......that is until it was stolen yesterday (3rd Jan 2011, between 4-5pm)

I left it right outside TKMax (v busy at the time) in Cowley Retail park, Oxford for about 60 mins max whilst picking up a ski jacket and when I returned it was a goner. It was locked up with an average cable lock (I didn't think for a minute that it would be stolen in daylight right outside a busy shop) but hey people are ballsy i guess (suspect someone ran and got bolt cutters from B&Q opposite).

If anyone has heard of/seen one of these for sale that looks dodgy I would really appreciate it if you could contact me on here. I'm not sure if insurance is going to cover it after my recent claim and can't afford another one :sad:

Obviously police have been notified, and i've emailed all local bike shops/local cycle communities and also registered it on BikeShepherd as stolen, also set up email alerts for that model on ebay and Gumtree (nothing to report as of yet).

Details:
2011 Specialized Allez Elite (red with white trim, white grip tape, white saddle)
Shimano Tiagra groupset
Shimano R540 pedals
Conti Ultra Gatorskin Tyres

So no modifications really, mainly because it was all working so well!

Realise there isn't much chance of ever seeing it again, but worth a try!

This is what it looks like off the shelf (not my exact bike)

AllezElite_2011_1.jpg

Thanks for reading

e-rider

crappy member
I doubt they bothered with B&Q - they probably just chewed through it! If people stopped using cable locks (and and a decent D-lock instead) this part of the forum would be very quiet!

Still doesn't excuse the theiving bastards though! Sorry to hear it.

Dov

Well my d-lock was broken in 3mins ... I wont see my merida again ;( Still miss my bike alot.

e-rider

crappy member
Well my d-lock was broken in 3mins ... I wont see my merida again ;( Still miss my bike alot.
Yes, D-locks can be broken too but they put up more of a fight (if it's a decent one and used properly) than any cable type lock and most theives are not equiped to deal with D-locks - I still wouldn't leave a valuable bike anywhere whatever lock I had!

Top Bottom