Stolen Trek 7.5 Hybrid - Loughborough

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwi_Cyclist

After being inspired by the Tour de France, and being able to watch it alot compared to being in New Zealand, I bought a used Trek 7.5 hybrid with the intention of getting used to skinny tyres before jumping straight onto a road bike. I aslso wanted to be able to keep up with my partner on his well used but much faster road bike. I had taken it out twice for decent road rides to get used to changing gears and country lanes.

Seeing Monday was nice weather I decided to take it into work (at Loughborough College) to see how it went as a communter. I locked it up to the sturdy bike stand with a decent cable and padlock. My partner came in later in the day with his bike which he locked next to mine. After he finished his meeting he found that my new (to me) bike was gone sometime between 3-4pm 19/7/2010. The cable, padlock and bike were no where to be seen. We went through the process of filing a form with work, ringing round the bike shops and informing the police but if any one out there see a Trek 7.5 Hybrid 2008 small model in grey with a dodgy bottom bracket and worn rear brakes (was intending to get these sorted this weekend), drink bottle holder, new front brakes, security skewers, and a missing reflector on the left (I think) pedal please let me know. I know its a long shot but I was really starting to "connect" with the bike. The picture below is what a brand new one looks like. The ordeal has put me off riding and I will have to wait for a while until I can afford another bike. Email: nata_nz@hotmail.com

trek%207.5%20fx%202008.jpg

juanpelota

Sorry to hear that Kiwi. Any CCTV at the college that might help, at the main gates for example?

Juan

OP
OP
Kiwi_Cyclist

Kiwi_Cyclist

Sorry to hear that Kiwi. Any CCTV at the college that might help, at the main gates for example?

Juan

Yes there was CCTV aimed directly at the bike stand but I am not sure if the police can get anything from it. Will have to wait and see as well as hope that they know of the person who took it. Not sure how they would catch someone if they had no ida who it was.

e-rider

crappy member
there is no such thing as a decent cable lock - they can ALL be cut in 5 seconds with a good pair of bolt croppers

Doesn't excuse the theiving ba$tards though.

Hope you get back in the saddle soon.

Get a good quality D-lock next time.

OP
OP
Kiwi_Cyclist

Kiwi_Cyclist

there is no such thing as a decent cable lock - they can ALL be cut in 5 seconds with a good pair of bolt croppers

Doesn't excuse the theiving ba$tards though.

Hope you get back in the saddle soon.

Get a good quality D-lock next time.

I have been told that work is installing a limited amount of bike boxes soon so will be getting one of those to put a replacement bike in when I save up and get one.

Top Bottom