Stolen wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

karimali831

Only locked the frame, and some kids removed the front wheel on a quick release and ran off while I was at the gym for only an hour!!

How embarassing it was to walk all the way home with only a wheel on the bike. I'm sooooooooo annoyed, please say it doesn't cost that much to replace the entire road bike wheel?

:sad::biggrin:!:smile::biggrin:!

OP
OP
K

karimali831

Okay, it says on it: 23-622 700x23c I need the entire wheel, rim, inner tube, tyre. Called Kenda, any ideas where to get the same one from?

OP
OP
K

karimali831

Your from Herts? That's where my wheel got stolen.. anyway I rather buy it online but no idea what to search for my particular brand. No results for Kenda or nothing :S

OP
OP
K

karimali831

Purchased a new inner tube just two days ago. Also have to buy a new cycle computer because the magnet is on the front wheel.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
karimali831 said:
Purchased a new inner tube just two days ago. Also have to buy a new cycle computer because the magnet is on the front wheel.

You should be able to buy just a magnet by its self, what sort of computer is it?

Spare magnets can be bought for most computers, just do a check first. Cateye sell spares for instance.

Edit: Beaten by HJ.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Mr Summerdays had his battery stolen for his Ayup yesterday. Fool left it on his bike. Apparently its too much hassle to take everything off according to him. Its school hols so probably kids mucking around. I'm the opposite and take off everything including the computer!!

tyred

Legendary Member
karimali831 said:

Any small magnet should do. Buy a cheap fridge magnet from your local pound shop, remove the magnet from the back of it and invent some way of attaching to the spokes.

Trumpettom001

This whole idea of stolen wheels is worrying to me .. I'm getting a new bike soon and it's the first bike I've had with quick release wheels worth nicking.... I'm definately going to get a 7 foot extention cable for them - as with disc mounts and double walled rims, they're not going to be cheap to replace. (also buying discs from halfrauds takes AGGEEESSSSSS) (as does my bike - It was supposed to be with me two weeks ago)

Davidc

Guru
I don't use QR any more. Just a replacement skewer with allen key release. My hub dynamo wheel has nuts. Even better.

Agree with Summerdays. Take everything that'll come off with you.

My bike also has a 130dBA @ 1m alarm. One little **it in Taunton was trying to nick a bike or something on it which was next to mine and set it off. By the time I got there he'd gone leaving a trail of blood where he'd cut himself getting away.:ohmy::hyper:

Bigtwin

karimali831 said:

No need - LBS will have magnets - nothing special about them, any one will do.

Top Bottom