Stolen: White Prodigy 9.81 (dirt-jump bike) & Blue Ridgeback Mountain Sport (rigid MTB)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HovR

Über Member
Couple of friends had their mountain bikes stolen from outside Sainsburys, Cheltenham earlier today (04/05/2013).

The first was a steel Prodigy 9.81 dirt-jump style hardtail bike. As far as I am aware these bikes are neither produced or sold in Britain (friend bought it from Poland), so it is a very distinctive bike.

The bike bears the distinctive Prodigy logo on the underside of the down tube. The bike has SR Suntour Duro forks and Avid Juicy (3?) hydraulic rear disc brake only. The bike is fitted with a pair of fairly aggressive tread (Continental) knobbly tires, which is unusual of a DJ bike. A cheap pair of lights were fitted front and back.

Progidy1.jpg

Progidy2.jpg

The Blue Ridgeback Mountain Sport is a 90's ish rigid frame with a small amount of surface rust (it was in the process of being restored). It is fitted with a BBB saddle, well worn Specialized grips, and whilst having a triple chainset the bike had no front derailleur. The bike had empty light brackets front and back.

Not many pictures of this bike unfortunately as it had only recently been taken out of retirement.

Ridgeback1.jpg

Stolen the day before we're going to Cannop trail centre for the weekend too - gutted!

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Have you spoken to sainsburys, I would think that place is covered in CCTV as such they might have relevant footage

OP
OP
HovR

HovR

Über Member
Have you spoken to sainsburys, I would think that place is covered in CCTV as such they might have relevant footage

Yep, they'd checked with security who confirmed they have a camera on the bike rack area, however it is from a distance away so they're not sure how much use it will be. They've reported it to the police who say they will pick up the store footage on Monday.

e-rider

crappy member
Yep, they'd checked with security who confirmed they have a camera on the bike rack area, however it is from a distance away so they're not sure how much use it will be. They've reported it to the police who say they will pick up the store footage on Monday.
when I went to the police station to report my bike stolen, they were very friendly and promised to do all kinds of things to investigate the theft - I was shocked and surprised (and very pleased) about how much the said they would do - turns out to be empty promises - as far as I'm aware they did nothing at all!!!

Top Bottom