Stoned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Never felt so unwell as I have this week.

Started last wednesday, driving to my TT match and became aware of an aching back. Lower right. Carried on and actually won my first match, but by the end of the night, the pains had become so great that I could get no respite.

Got home and went to bed, but hardly slept. By 5am , was so bad and I thought it might be appendecitus. Called 999 and went up A&E.

Spent the whole of the day up there and a ctscan revealed a kidney stone!

couldn't believe that a 4mm bit of stone could cause so much pain.

Now a week later and treatment initially is pain killers and loads of water and hopefully it will pass out.

Anybody else been stoned? How long did it take to get rid of the little blighter?

Got another ctscan appointment in a few weeks. If not budging it will need a stent fitting and other stuff.

Hope nobody has suffered though. Wouldn't wish it on anybody.

yep I suffered for two weeks , never felt anything like it , I was told to pee through a sieve, I could not believe how tiny it was when I passed it, looked like a tiny chip off a piece of slate, the relief was welcome though, I hope you are rid of it soon

tom73

Guru
Mrs 73 has seen many a hard man in agony. Yes they are painful 4mm may not sound much but think about the size of the plumbing it’s got to pass though.
keep up the fluids and hopefully it will pass.

Slick

Guru
Despite the usual gags, 4mm is huge. I've had some issues and the first time it happened it was actually quite scary but now I'm getting used to it even if it still remains uncomfortable. Last time was a couple of days of pain before finally passing something at work with the only clue it passed was the sound if something hard hitting the porcelain. :eek: Keep well hydrated and it may never be an issue again.

Slick

Guru

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm sorry to hear that Sharky. I'm still stoned on Amitriptyline. It works well for pain relief, but the effects are so bad the doc has ordered me not to drive, do anything safety critical or make any important decisions before 1030hrs each day.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm sorry to hear that Sharky. I'm still stoned on Amitriptyline. It works well for pain relief, but the effects are so bad the doc has ordered me not to drive, do anything safety critical or make any important decisions before 1030hrs each day.
So you're more alert than usual then? :tongue:

johnblack

Über Member
I've not suffered from kidney stones, but had gall stones and if the pain you have is anything like mine I truly sympathise. I was given lots of lovely morphine and an operation to remove my gall bladder, which sounds far more pleasant than what you've had to go through.

gbb

Legendary Member
I was hospitalised a month ago with kidney stones. No idea and no symptoms leading up to the attack, just a sudden ache in my back and within half an hour i was on the floor in agony. Two more attacks (each lasting half an hour with half hour respites) and ambulance called (still not knowing WTF is causing it) Two attacks in A&E.....1.5 bottles of Entenox, 4 shots of morphine, one shot of IV Ibrufen which is apparently real strong stuff....and a suppositry (sp) of some unknown pain relief.
Slept for something like 3/4 of the next day, puked up every time i as much as looked at food or drink (that was the pain relief side effects), absolutely awful condition.
Ironically,thankfully, ive not had a single attack or symptom since. My intake of water has increased, occasionally squeezing lemon juice into it is apparently good at breaking them down.Ive not knowingly passed any out so they're either still in my system (bladder etc) or they pass through without you realising.
Back at work after 3 days i think.

Skanker

I was told a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of water will help break down a kindney stone.
The pain only comes when the stone is moving and on it’s way out though, so I now have a glass daily to prevent going through that brutal pain again in the future.

Top Bottom