Stonehenge 200; met a CC at last!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoom

Über Member
Yep; definitely a ride worth revisiting after 2002's washout. Not at all flat but some nice Denmead style blasts along the Hampshire valleys.

Met Life of Brian at the start but was late starting owing to Jan EOLing so Jan and I rode mostly alone to Whitchurch (passing Julesh of ACF at Farnham never to be seen again) where we met Brian; thereafter it went suspiciously close to Faccombe but eventually settled down by about Tidworth. We risked life and limb on the A303 to ride out to Stonehenge before the Friar Tuck (which I've decided is OK and good value after all) where I met Redfox of this parish.

Caught the headwind on the way back but were rewarded with the sight of Canadian Pacific on its last outing before overhaul at Alresford

The last 40k (of which 3 were thrown in for free as the route sheet was wrong) were remarkably benign, and my Ditchling FNRTTC legs had recovered by then. A cruel twist of fate saw Jan suffer the only fairy visit of the day 5k from the end but he was well pleased at completing his 1st 200; Hope you got back to Croydon OK Brian, sorry for winding it up but my legs are like a clock spring on a 200 like this having been wound up for the 1st 150.
modify_inline.gif

redfox

Hi Zoom, good to see the cc jersey finally receiving some recognition!

I spoke to Mark, about the route sheet when I got back (some considerable time after you). It was a frustrating oversight, as the errant instruction resulted in a charge downhill for a couple of miles once you missed the turn. :blush:

Managed to misread another instruction near the end which sent me on an unintended excursion to Frensham Ponds.

Still it was a good ride. Glad you reformed your opinion on the Friar Tuck!

Top Bottom