Stop picking on James Blunt - Says his Mum....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
...or was it Elton John?

Leave my son alone, says James Blunt's mum

Singer James Blunt's mother has defended her son against "harsh criticism" from British critics over his public school background.

Surely the criticism is mainly because he's a talentless, whiney voiced tw@t........ Not because he's a talentless, whiney voiced tw@t who happened to go to a posh school :smile:

Inverted snobbery is a wonderful thing. Just admit it, you hate it because you think he is a whiney voiced posh prat who has made millions, whereas you are a talentless prole who has not made millions.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

The music industry is fast becoming a hobby for the children of the rich.

It's always been that way.

Look at interviews with Mick Jagger in the 60's... he aint got no working class accent.

David Gilmour was a welcome addition to Pink Floyd, because his parents were 'so rich' and therefore he could afford better equipment.

Joe Strummer was a public school boy

and how much nepotism goes on in the music industry?

I don’t like James Blunt’s music – nothing to do what class he is – I’ve got no idea what he’s like as a person... so it’s not a case of not liking "him", but why does everyone assume that if you don’t like his music it’s because your jealous or an inverted snob?

And as for being picked on... I’m sure there is nothing that would delight a bully more than someone’s mum jumping in to defend them... I’m feeling pretty sorry for him now.

Reminds me of Woody Allen in Oedipus Wrecks (New York Stories)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjqihCfGkoA

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
You're all a bunch of jealous and talentless gits who wouldn't know what a decent tune sounded like if it hit you on the nose.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I agree. Blunt thinks he can take on musical heavyweights like Jedward and Ollie Murrs just because he writes his own songs, can play musical instruments and sells millions of CD's but I think he's deluded.

If Blunt really wants to compete with the megastars of the pop industry like JLS and The Wanted (The band with the most ironic name surely) he really must invest in a pair of carrots and don a silly haircut.

He must also stop wasting his time writing new material when he can be more productive appearing on Celebrity Juice, Celebrity Big Brother or guesting on the X-factor.

Seriously though, I'm not Blunts biggest fan but there must be a couple of hundred talentless planks on these shores that deserve a proper beasting before Mr Blunts name crops up. He is talented if not everyone's cup of tea :smile:

Top Bottom