Stop.....Shower time!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I've used the Paramo ones and they were astonishingly good. Not as nice feel as a proper towel, but it did the job. Dunno if they are really made of Paramo secret formula cloth or they just buy 'em in and brand them, but very pleased.

Last edited:

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
They pop up in Lidl occasionally too. I've used them pretty extensively while backpacking, the main advantage is they dry a lot quicker so you're not basically carrying around extra water around everywhere. I did get a bit fed up with them after a while thiugh and started wanting the comfort of a proper towel though....

OP
OP
R

robbo891

Cheers for the replies guys. I have done more digging regarding the gelert ones and all the reviews are spot on. This is within the camping scene and they even have a handy little bag they come in which helps when in the sports bag!
next time i order from decathlon i will pick up a spare too!

RichardB

Slightly retro
I have a couple of these from Mountain Warehouse. As others have said, they aren't as nice as a proper towel, but they work and dry quickly. The MW ones come in a mesh bag, so even if you have to put it away wet there is a chance that it will dry on its own and not turn into a stinky thing ten minutes later.

Feastie

Über Member
I've got one for camping and as said above, a proper towel wins out every time... it feels very very weird to use and is dissatisfying to dry yourself with, especially if you've got wet hair as it soaks up nothing, but does dry very quickly and is good for skin.

OP
OP
R

robbo891

Sadly I lost my hairline a few years ago lol so I don't have to worry about that.

OP
OP
R

robbo891

just to update on this i picked up a gelert micro fibre towel from sports direct. Its pretty big and only £5.99. Its spot on. dries very well as does the towel after use and feels way better than i thought. handy little bag to keep it all in too! very happy with purchase and strongly recommend!

Top Bottom