Storing Wetsuit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The end of open water season has arrived and it's time to store my wetsuit.

At the moment is dry, clean folded in a fabric bag in the understair cupboard (not airing one).

Will it be ok? Or do I need to hang it properly somewhere else?

Thanks

numbnuts

Legendary Member
clean folded
never fold a wetsuit you will crease it

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Piss off!
http://www.rip101.com/product/Rip-Curl-****-Off-Wetsuit-Cleaner.aspx

EDIT: the link won't work because the naughty word filter removed the word p%ss. "P%ssoff" is a wetsuit cleaner and conditioner, BTW

Leightonr

Mine is hung up in the cloakroom but it is the first one I have owned and since I already had small nail tears in it I am taking extreme care

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Mine just hangs on a suit hanger. Seems happy there.
That's where I hung mine, stuck it in the cupboard under the stairs and it was fine there. My ex Mother-in-law complained about the 'horrendous' smell. There wasn't a horrendous smell, silly mare. Another good reason for hanging it in the stair cupboard though.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
If it's been in the sea, then it'll need rinsing in clean water before storage else it'll go manky. If last used in fresh water, then just needs drying. Can be stored hung up, in a sack, or in a heap on the floor - so long as it's dry. I've owned (caving) wetsuits for 30 odd years, so know what I'm talking about so no need to overthink storage details. Basically needs only marginally more care than a pair of wellies.

Top Bottom