Stourbridge CC Sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not a member of the club but I fancy this
From their website:
I have now finalised ( well maybe ) the route(s) for the SCC Sportive on Sunday November 4th. First group will start at 08.30 am
Refreshments will be supplied at start, finish and also at the turn in Evesham.
Entry on the line: £5.00 per rider

Route of 57 Km Ride

Start at Stourbridge CC Clubroom - Oakfield Community Centre, Brettell Lane, Amblecote, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY5 3LT
Cross road and turn into Collis Street. Left at traffic lights onto A491, Stourbridge ring road. Take right fork onto B4187 to Hagley. Right at traffic lights onto A456 then left onto A450. Left onto A448 at Mustow Green Island then immediately right into Curslow lane ( signed Cutnall Green/Droitwich)
Left onto A442 to Droitwich by-pass, right at island onto A38. Continue along by-pass to turn at last island (CHECK POINT) 28 Kms.
Return by retracing outward route to
Finish Stourbridge CC Clubroom - Oakfield Community Centre, Brettell Lane, Amblecote, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY5 3LT ( FINISH CHECK ) ( 57 Kms )

Route of 114 Km Ride

Start at Stourbridge CC Clubroom - Oakfield Community Centre, Brettell Lane, Amblecote, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY5 3LT
Cross road and turn into Collis Street. Left at traffic lights onto A491, Stourbridge ring road. Take right fork onto B4187 to Hagley. Right at traffic lights onto A456 then left onto A450. Left onto A448 at Mustow Green Island then immediately right into Curslow lane ( signed Cutnall Green/Droitwich)
Left onto A442 to Droitwich by-pass, right at island onto A38. Continue along by-pass to turn right at last island on by-pass, continue on A38 to turn left at traffic lights onto A4538, left at motorway island still on A4538 to Spechley Island to join A44 towards Evesham. Through Pinvin, Wyre Piddle by-pass to turn right at island onto B4624. Continue to traffic lights, turn right onto A4184. Through Evesham town centre to turn right at island and take Boat lane ( narrow lane ) to Café on the right. (CHECK POINT) 56 Kms.
Return by retracing outward route until island on A38 at the start of Droitwich by-pass. Turn right at island onto B4090 towards Droitwich town centre, then right at next island onto Worcester Road. Down hill, through traffic lights, under railway bridge then next left into Crutch lane. Continue to A448, turn right towards Bromsgrove then after approx. 300 metres turn left into Woodcote Lane ( signed Dordale/Belbroughton ) Left onto Dordale Road, Bradford Lane to Belbroughton. Right into High Street towards Stourbridge. Left in Holy Cross, straight on at island ( under bridge ) to Lytleton Arms Pub. Turn left to island, then right and follow directions for A491 Stourbridge. Continue on A491, around ring road, to Ambelcote traffic lights were turn right onto A461 ( Brettal lane ) to
Finish Stourbridge CC Clubroom - Oakfield Community Centre, Brettell Lane, Amblecote, Stourbridge, West Midlands DY5 3LT ( FINISH CHECK ) ( 114 Kms )
Anyone else on here fancy it?

OP
OP
lifeson

lifeson

Nobody else interested in a late season spin?
C'mon there are lots of roadies out in that area.

OP
OP
lifeson

lifeson

Cracking event
Well organised, surprisingly good turn out despite it being relly foggy (by the way dark glasses and fog dont go well together :smile::becool:;) )
51 starters
£5 each with tea loads of food at the start and finish.
Far better than the Kilotogo event a couple of weeks a go that was £20 a head

OP
OP
lifeson

lifeson

Hi Dave
No I am ot doing the Beacon event (sold out now!) Haven't been riding enough lately (fair weather rider)
There is a good looking event in Warwickshire towards the end of Feb I fancy (I'll post the details when I am on my other PC)
I have entered the Etape Caledonia in May as a motivator

Dave5N

Über Member
lifeson said:
Hi Dave
No I am ot doing the Beacon event (sold out now!) Haven't been riding enough lately (fair weather rider)
There is a good looking event in Warwickshire towards the end of Feb I fancy (I'll post the details when I am on my other PC)
I have entered the Etape Caledonia in May as a motivator

Yes, let us know the details - sounds like a good time of year as a spring mile-eater

OP
OP
lifeson

lifeson

Phil Cooke Challenge Ride

Dave These are the details:

Phil Cooke Challenge Ride

100 Kms or 50Kms

Dunchurch-Towcester-Dunchurch

Sunday 24th February 2008

Event open to all (no club membership required)

Just pay sign on and ride!

Event start and finish, Dunchurch Village Hall on A426

Parking, changing facilities, refreshments.

Route sheet provided, Certificate for all finishers,

well marked out route

Entry £3.00 to be paid on the day

Profit contribution to go to “Myton Hospice”

HQ open at 09:00hrs

Promoted by:

Mi Racing-QA Technology-Crowhurst-Gale

Contact Martin Hackley Tel. 01788-810212 for further details

Top Bottom