Strade Bianche 2018 **spoilers**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Aye, I noticed you sneaked Tiesj in there this morning. I had thought I was going to be the only person to pick him.
Just checked and I didn't have him in punditry, I could have sworn I had. Oh well, will just have to be happy with his 18/1 bet win

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Aye, I noticed you sneaked Tiesj in there this morning. I had thought I was going to be the only person to pick him.

I didn’t notice anyone else had picked him already. Slightly deflates my smugness. Pah!

(ETA: of course, if you didn’t actually pick him, that’ll be why I didn’t notice it. An 18/1 bet is worth a feck of a lot more than winning the CC punditry, to be fair.)

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Watching the women's race on Eurosport catch-up, it's outrageous how much the dickhead moto camera bikes are towing some of the riders, and generally interfering with the race.

I thought the men's race was bad enough, spending far too long far too close to the riders and clearly facilitating the progress of some groups and riders, and frequently just getting in the way too, but this is ridiculous. Van der Breggen seemingly not amused - the motos seem to be hindering her (but probably helping her more elsewhere).

And unfortunately, the coverage appears to have missed most of the last few kilometres of the women's race.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Some amazing pics from today, this is my favourite so far:
DXYmExfXkAItOrL.jpg

He's been added to my list of riders to cheer

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Watching the womens' race on Eurosport catch-up, it's outrageous how much the dickhead moto camera bikes are towing some of the riders, and generally interfering with the race.

I thought the men's race was bad enough, spending far too long far too close to the riders and clearly facilitating the progress of some groups and riders, and frequently just getting in the way too, but this is ridiculous. Van der Breggen seemingly not amused - the motos seem to be hindering her (but probably helping her more elsewhere).

And unfortunately, the coverage appears to have missed most of the last few kilometres of the women's race.
The coverage and motos didn't do the race justice, neither did the skiing on the finish line monitors.

I make no secret of my preference for womens racing.. When it's shown properly it's simply superior imo

Van Aert really does look like the real deal. Very exciting prospect for the classics in coming years.

If he can hold his form, and that is asking a lot, a good outside bet for PR this year even. But yes, long term an exciting prospect :hyper:

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom