Strade Bianche 2018 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by Pro Tour Punditry, 3 Mar 2018.

1. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

isn't he just

2. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

Just checked and I didn't have him in punditry, I could have sworn I had. Oh well, will just have to be happy with his 18/1 bet win

roadrash and smutchin like this.
  3. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

I didn’t notice anyone else had picked him already. Slightly deflates my smugness. Pah!

(ETA: of course, if you didn’t actually pick him, that’ll be why I didn’t notice it. An 18/1 bet is worth a feck of a lot more than winning the CC punditry, to be fair.)

4. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

5. Foghat

Foghat Veteran

Watching the women's race on Eurosport catch-up, it's outrageous how much the dickhead moto camera bikes are towing some of the riders, and generally interfering with the race.

I thought the men's race was bad enough, spending far too long far too close to the riders and clearly facilitating the progress of some groups and riders, and frequently just getting in the way too, but this is ridiculous. Van der Breggen seemingly not amused - the motos seem to be hindering her (but probably helping her more elsewhere).

And unfortunately, the coverage appears to have missed most of the last few kilometres of the women's race.

Last edited: 3 Mar 2018
    DP and T.M.H.N.E.T like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

Some amazing pics from today, this is my favourite so far:
    DXYmExfXkAItOrL.jpg

He's been added to my list of riders to cheer

Bollo, DP and mjr like this.
  7. T.M.H.N.E.T

T.M.H.N.E.T Disc brakes - Stopping things since 1902

The coverage and motos didn't do the race justice, neither did the skiing on the finish line monitors.

I make no secret of my preference for womens racing.. When it's shown properly it's simply superior imo

8. OP
    OP
    Pro Tour Punditry

Pro Tour Punditry Guru

I do like the women's events

T.M.H.N.E.T likes this.
  9. BalkanExpress

BalkanExpress Veteran

If he can hold his form, and that is asking a lot, a good outside bet for PR this year even. But yes, long term an exciting prospect :hyper:

mjr likes this.
  10. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

rich p, ColinJ, smutchin and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice