Strange cat.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Likely she won't have gone too far - entire females tend to have a smallish range, unlike entire males, whose territory can be as big as a couple of square miles.

Wouldn't hurt you to mention it though.
Given the lay of the land, I’d guess mummy is at ‘home’. ‘Home’ didn’t want the rug rats, and that’s why we are where we are. Even if these ones have dibs on them, there’s about 30 kittens there that need a home ( and a few older cats ). The only problem with the older cats is that they usually won’t live as long as the kittens, which means more frequent visits to the shelters. That’s not a bad thing per se, but I’d rather have a kitten which I can mould into the psychotic killer I want it to be:laugh:

Given the lay of the land, I’d guess mummy is at ‘home’. ‘Home’ didn’t want the rug rats, and that’s why we are where we are. Even if these ones have dibs on them, there’s about 30 kittens there that need a home ( and a few older cats ). The only problem with the older cats is that they usually won’t live as long as the kittens, which means more frequent visits to the shelters. That’s not a bad thing per se, but I’d rather have a kitten which I can mould into the psychotic killer I want it to be:laugh:

Oh yeah, that's pretty well much the crux of the matter - it's a frustratingly common story when you volunteer for a rescue. All because someone can't be arsed to neuter their cat, or want them to have "just one litter" etc...

That's how I ended up with Madam Poppy - she was an unwanted kitten. I'll have had her for 10 years on Christmas Eve. :wub: She came here at three and a half months of age, although she's hardly a psychotic killer - more a neurotic, paranoid tortie lump... :laugh:

Lexi is my psychotic killer, and she came here as a young adult - she was an emergency foster as we had run out of cat pens (we were in the process of taking 42 cats out of one house here in Ely) and she sort of... stayed... :blush:

Milzy

Guru
If it was happy with a family it wouldn’t be a traitor to them. Maybe been abandoned. Usually it’s the pedigrees who’ve been chipped.

Usually it’s the pedigrees who’ve been chipped.

Nope, not necessarily. It's been Cats Protection policy for the last five years or so to chip every cat that comes through its doors.

Every cat I've had since 1998 has been chipped - and they've all been non-pedigree. :smile: It's something that's always made perfect sense to me.

70 quid for an adult cat apparently. There’s a deaf, white 5 year old that needs a home. She’s a sweetheart, I don’t like the name they’ve given her, but I can call her whatever I like, she can’t hear me anyway. She’s an option for sure.

£70 basically covers spay, vaccinations and wormer / flea treatment, so that's not bad at all.

She'll want to be kept as indoor only though, for obvious reasons.

A friend of mine has a deaf white girl. Dora is as mad as a box of frogs - she loves to sit in bags, perch on shoulders, play with the drippy tap and just adores cuddles and attention. She's brilliant at responding to touch though, and most cats will learn hand signals whether they're deaf or not.

Having said that, deaf cats can respond to sounds that they can "feel" through their paw pads and their whiskers, e.g. a loud hand clap or something of that ilk...

Top Bottom